The toughest alien

tasothmiester

Tasoth will definitly die first! You should try to stop arguing because we all got our arguments and you will never shut my mouth.

So, Tasoth may be more dangerous than many other aliens, but if you shoot a Tasoth and a Lobsterman, Tasoth will die first !

Anyway, if we are talking about dangerous, Bio-drone are dangerous, but not tough. So Lobsterman are the toughest alien !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tasoth's are one of the easiest aliens to fight. They die easily, and if you kill several in rapid succession, they all panic. I'd rather fight Tasoths than just about anything else, except for Gill Men.

The hardest to kill with most standard weapons would be the Lobsterman by far. However, even they go down easily to stun bombs, heavy thermic lances, and/or molecular control.

I think probably the toughest alien around is the Triscene hands down. Their only weak point is the under armor, meaning you need to get a grenade directly under one to do significant damage. Add to this the fact that their sonic weapon is powerful enough to kill an agent in mag ion armor, and you have one seriously dangerous alien.

Triscene eh?

Hmm.

Consider the Biodrone. Their gun is almost identical to the Triscene's, they're smaller, and they even have this annoying ability to imitate Cyberdiscs when killed with non-HTH weapons. Besides, they are a lot more common and tend to appear a lot earlier than Triscene. I feel they may be just a tad more formidable.

Although, you still have to hand it to the Triscene for being the most intimidating alien. Especially if you're seeing it for the first time and you suddenly notice the pair of craft PWT launchers strapped onto it. Heck, even the Deep One's only get to pose with one for the Ufopaedia. They never actually used them. Then comes along this monster... Well, it's lucky for everyone that they turn out to be fakes. :P

- NKF

Tasoth's are one of the easiest aliens to fight.  They die easily, and if you kill several in rapid succession, they all panic.  I'd rather fight Tasoths than just about anything else, except for Gill Men.

I found a stuffed animal that looked just like a gill man the other day, so of course, I had to buy it. :P

I'm sorry, but I still hate the tentaculats. I know they aren't that tough, but I hate anything that can turn my troops against each other. Tasoths don't do it very well, so they don't worry me much, but a tentaculat can come out of nowhere before you know what hit you! No, they aren't the toughest. I'm not sure what I'd say is toughest because those lobstermen go down so easily with stun weapons.

If you don't plan to capture them, might I suggest planting an armed magna-blast grenade on them while they're down? It's a bit cruel, but so are they.

Actually, most of the aliens, usually the technicians, don't get armed with any weapons at all. Strange. Then there's the ones that get armed with thermic lances, which they don't seem to know how to use (but they do get 4 pulsers, which make up for it).

And Xarquids? The large nautilus that move the wrong way and have a gun shoved up their tentacles? Buggers are just as bad as the Triscene. Anyone looking for them might want to try shooting down a gill-man terror ship. They replace the deep-ones for underwater missions.

- NKF

I know how to put up a poll I just thought it would be much more fun to have everyone argue MOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ahem, Lobstermen hmmm two shot from sonic cannon, weak against mind control, vibroblade and Thermal shok cannon

Tasoth hmmm two shot, weak against distruptor, sonic pulser, mind control and vibroblade

Aquatoid one shot, weak against pratically anything

Gillmen same as aquatoid

deepone same as gillmen

Triscene near invincible but not alot of under armour

Xarquid same as triscene

biodrone more or less same as triscene except less health and smaller

calcinite more or less same as deepone

Ahhhhh thats covered them all but which one is the toughest!!!!

:devil:

• 2 weeks later...

That would be the Lobsterman, escpecially if you start playing on Veteran like me. I really had to research some weapons fast but it was already to laat. Downed ufo, lobstermen inside. I'm blasting and I keep blasting but they won't die. Everybody is blasting him with Jet Harpoons and Hydro-Jet Cannons with explosive ammo but the beast won't die ! Arg.

The second toughest or maybe nasty alien would be the Deep One.

I discovered that they where blessed with long range attacks since i'm playing on Veteran now.

But the Lobsterman, he's the Champion.

Some aliens are definitely superior stat-wise, but that doesn't make them the toughest to kill.

Biodrones aren't technically the best, but they are definitely crack shots in higher difficulty levels. 100+% snap shot accuracy, that's nothing to sneeze at! Same goes for the Triscene. Still, a few well placed shots and down they go.

And Deep-Ones are definitely no way a tough alien. You can even kill them with dart-guns, the dinkiest weapon in the entire series! Their attacks are annoying though.

Lobstermen are pretty much the toughest aliens vs. most conventional guns, including sonic technology. Killing them with vibroblades and stun inflictors with grenades (while they're unconscious) is a different matter entirely.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

Phew! i fell glad to, after 6 months break, write where and discuss cool stuff about tftd.

Humm, don't want to be stupid, but didn't we already discussed this topic long ago? the old guys for shure remember this right?

Sorry new guys, I didn't wanted to minimize the discussion...

Well, i think the lobsterman are tough to get beaten, but there are mostly 3 or 4 alins races that has their abilities that make them hard to kill, in some sort of way, depending in the weaponry you're carring and stuff.

For example: I hate raiding alien bases (Hey veteran, how is going you're aline base cruzade huh?), 'cause the're only lobster man in the lower levels. In adition, tentaculats are not nice to face when they're riding just around the corner to bite you.

off topic:

Do you guys know why DPL against lobster man in alien bases needs to be fired two missiles to take one single alien down? Same with Thermal shock launcher.

Is there a way to get ammo for the sonic cannon in the base?

:P

Welcome back!

Lobstermen, particularly on higher difficulty levels, always need more than one DPL to take down. They only take half damage from HE explosives after all...

As for the thermal shok launcher, I really cannot say. One will usually do the trick, but there are times when an alien will completely shrug off the attack and not receive any stun damage. Could that be the case?

- NKF

I don't know for shure. I'm almost giving up carrying these thermal piece of s....t! every time after getting into the control room's back walls and baslting a way in, i always had to fire three, sometimes four thgermal shock bombs in the room.... Sometimes I get sad 'cuz not offen times, i reach the control room with only a few soldiers (i use to leave the rest of them in the rendevous area, cuz its easy to find the control room anyway), so carrying lots of stuff takes time to load them....

:hmmm:

Lobstermen do not suck! Lobstermen need a snap shot of sonic and a stun bomb to stay down for a prttey long time. If they do get up though they'll have no weapons so you can take them down again easily enough.

And my colony crusade has died down a bit now. Noone is sending me any saved games to fiddle around with... This goes to all of you now (especially Iggy by the looks of it!) if you have a colony mission you don't want to face doing, or a liner mission, send it to me! Just PM me here or email me. I want these missions! I enjoy doing them, I promise absolutely NO reloads and I'll treat each of your soldiers like my very own! It should only take a day to complete. Two if you are very poorly advanced... But please send me your files!!!