Stats

My TFTD alien stats page can still be found on our old site here. It's in a perpetual state of unfinished-ness, but the stats are still good. ;)

- Zombie

Squeeeee!

Mind if I attempt to put them up on UFOpaedia?

EDIT: I've calculated the difficulty multipliers if anyone's interested. That means we only need to put up one table.

All the stats except Firing Accuracy and Armour follow the formula

x = x(core) * (1 + (c * d))

c = a constant

d = difficulty multiplier, Beginner = 0, Experienced = 1, Veteran = 2, Genius = 4, Superhuman = 6.

List of c-values:

Health, Bravery, Throwing Accuracy, Energy Regen, Victory Points, Aggression, Intelligence: 0

Strength, MC Strength, MC Skill: 0.04

Reactions: 0.06

Melee Accuracy, TU, Stamina: 0.08

Firing accuracy goes 0.4, 0.75, 1.12, 1.36, 1.625 as far as I can puzzle.

Armour goes 0.4, 0.7, 1, 1.1, 1.2 it looks like.

EDIT: I've calculated the difficulty multipliers if anyone's interested.

Should've just asked me, I calculated the numbers a couple years ago. :)

Firing accuracy goes 0.4, 0.75, 1.12, 1.36, 1.625 as far as I can puzzle.

Armour goes 0.4, 0.7, 1, 1.1, 1.2 it looks like.

These two stats are really strange because they don't follow the usual formula as in UFO. MikeTheRed and myself have been scratching our collective heads for a while now trying to come up with a mathematical solution with no luck. My only guess is that the tactical portion of the game overrides the normal equation and either uses it's own table of multipliers or something else entirely. ;)

- Zombie

Should've just asked me, I calculated the numbers a couple years ago. :)

Well, a) you said they were unfinished and b) you listed all the tables. This indicated to me that you hadn't.

But hey, confirmation's always nice right?

These two stats are really strange because they don't follow the usual formula as in UFO. MikeTheRed and myself have been scratching our collective heads for a while now trying to come up with a mathematical solution with no luck. My only guess is that the tactical portion of the game overrides the normal equation and either uses it's own table of multipliers or something else entirely. ;)

- Zombie

Well, the Armour one seems fairly regular, just with the opposite weighting, ie Beginner/Experienced/Veteran it goes up real fast, but after that it doesn't.

Firing Accuracy... yeah.

I think I have what you need... are you asking for the "turret stats" (the weapon in the hand slot) which is TU cost, accuracy, power, ammo type and damage type for some aliens and SWS's? ;)

- Zombie

As well as melee attacks.

I know that some attacks definitely change type when you mindcontrol the unit, for example Deep Ones' attack changes from Electric to Sonic (I think, seeing as it can hurt Lobstermen). So if you have data on both sides of that that would also be nice.

Right now I only have data on the turret stats (melee stats haven't been found yet, though if I can run a few more trials I may be able to narrow the search down considerably). ;)

I'll see if I can get a table posted up on the known data shortly. :)

- Zombie

• 6 years later...

Wow, how far we've come... at least we know the multipliers now (I feel like a bloody idiot for missing the pattern), and that inbuilt melee attacks run off Strength.

However...

Right now I only have data on the turret stats (melee stats haven't been found yet, though if I can run a few more trials I may be able to narrow the search down considerably). blush.png

I'll see if I can get a table posted up on the known data shortly. tongue.png

I'll be darned if I can find it - I think the site ate it. I know the site ate your general-stats table we were discussing above, but that was a minor issue since I'd already copied them to the UFOpaedia. Not so with these.

Would you mind reposting?