Does auto fire skill really help?

geg_Ma3gau

I think the ToHit% displayed is just for the intitial shot. All subsequent shots from the burst will have lower ToHit% governed by the Burst skill. So your sniper may have a higher chace of connecting with the first bullet, but the soldier should be able to deliver a more controlled burst and score more hits with the autofire.

Run some trials in game and see who is more effecient using burst mode on distant targets...

yeah was trying to test it out, but my soldier and sniper are the only guys with 110-120 shooting skill, so i only can test using them 2. Others have less than 90 shooting so they cant be used in trials. The problem is that sniper has always criticals from distance perk which messes up the calculation of total hits since he always hits criticals and does more dmg with each shot landed successfully. I think i need to actually count a number of hits with both guys.

Tested it now. NOTE : test was performed at night so the first shot of a sniper probably is messed up,since he has got a night shot perk.

Sold shooting a 6 roung burst with displayed accuracy of 44% yielded chances for each shot:

76 51 40 39 39 32

Sniper fired a 5 round burst with a displayed chance of 48%:

100 44 38 38 38

Note that if we dont take a first shot , soldier's chances are better even though they fired at night. I see now, the auto fire skill actually works, it increases chances to hit for few first shots over the stated chance to hit. the question is what's with the first shot? sniper had an amazing 100% chance which is weird.

time was day, both sold and sniper had 120 shooting, sold had 112 auto fireing, snip had 18 auto fireing. weapon was mg 42 with 0 familiarity.

Sold: displayed 30% accuracy, shots were: 64 34 23 15 15 15

Sniper displayed 27% accuracy, shots were : 100 12 9 9 9

It shows that if we dont take the first shot, soldier outguns sniper on short bursts by a large margin. Still, not sure why is the first shot of sniper 100%, maybe its some of his perks, idk really.

Well, it would make sense that the sniper would get a higher chance-to-hit on the first shot because they have superb aiming skills. Keeping the subsequent shots on target is what's hard. That's what the soldier excels at (aka burst). :)

By the way, you only have 5 shot results displayed for the sniper and 6 for the soldier. Do you have the missing shot yet? ;)

- Zombie

Y, khan is right. solds get +1 shot for short bursting D Btw what do you guys prefer mg 34 or mg 42 or DP? I ve tested that DP is much less accurate for example when mg 42 had 30% displayed DP had 21 %, but DP is really a panzer killer. just immobilize the panzer and let your soldier craqck the nut. The benefit of DP is that you wont need to come close like you do when using nades and bazookas. Mg 34 and 42 are PERFECT as anti personnel guns, but 42 doesnt have single shots, while 34 has. i guess with auto fireing at 120+ you will still get extraordinary % of hit with the first shot in the short burst mode, but you can preserve clip ammo and increase accuracy of subsequent shots with mg 34(you need only 1 ammo to increase acc, while mg 42 needs short burst which is 6 ammo)