Loss of inventory in second stage missions

Absalom

I recently started a TFTD game on beginner with XcomUtil (latest version) determined not to cheat, however, every time I enter into a second stage mission, be it artefact sites or shipping lanes (haven't cracked a base yet) I always end up losing a good chunk of everything that I was carrying. And the inventory seems generally scrambled up as well. Guns will be empty, Disruptor Pulse cannons and grenades will be gone, (except for a couple,) and I will end up with some ammo but it will be on the general item pool at the bottom of the screen.

While it is possible for me to use what guns I have ammo for to get ammo for the other aquanauts, this presents a level of a difficulty that is honestly not welcome with TFTD second level infested lobsteman closet hell. Any ideas?

Also, whenever I switch from geoscape to tactical, I get the XcomUtil command line that I have to use Ctrl-C to load up the tactical screen. Sometimes I get a windows error prompt, but regardless Ctrl-C will start up the game.

Could it be a XcomUtil feature interferring with the game?

I apologize for the wordiness.

Don't apologize, the more info, the better. :)

I'm usually the first to point fingers at XcomUtil when something goes wrong in the game, and the fact is, it does introduce errors. Have you tried playing the game without it? Whenever I play TFTD (unmodified CE version) I never have seen issues like this before... ;)

- Zombie

I think it's a bug that is a result of XComutil's attempt at fixing another bug in the game where all items left on the floor of the troop carrier are lost when you switch to the second mission.

In the plain vanilla game, you do lose this equipment. Discovered this in the plain vanilla game when my token Gas Cannons started vanishing after a few colony missions.

- NKF