Start/End Combat button disappeared?

SoulBrotherKab

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there's any reason why when I apply the 1.2 patch to S2 the letters in the Start/End Combat bar aren't there anymore. The button still works, but the text is gone.

I've reinstalled the game without applying the patch because I'm worried playing through the game with it will make other things disappear or act weird. Also, if my game is version 1.1, do I really need the 1.2 patch to fix anything that totally screws up the game?

BTW, it's the US version 1.1 and I think I applied the UK 1.2 patch, because that's the only one I could find that was in English.

I don't know if there is a US 1.2 patch. I think the 1.2 patch in English is meant for both US and UK. Seems like a relatively minor issue, just a graphical glitch? However, it's been a while since I knew what 1.2 fixed.

This update patch includes all changes to the game introduced by patch version 1.1 as compared with version 1.0, as well as all new bug fixes for the game, the Editor and MODs, plus some improvements made according to specific requests by users.

Most of the changes will work correctly with games saved using update patches versions 1.0 and 1.1, provided the games were saved on global map. Before installing update patch 1.2 it's recommended to save your game on global map, quit the game, install the update patch, launch the game and load the last save. Still, we cannot guarantee that all changes and bug fixes will work correctly with games saved using update patch version 1.0 or 1.1.

If you have updated the game to version 1.2 you'll need to update the Editor to version 1.2 as well, otherwise you won't be able to use it.

From S2 online.

Now that I think about it...maybe it has something to do with my fiddling around with the config files. I changed the buttons that enable me to aim at body parts...because I'm have a laptop and don't have a number pad that regular keyboards to. But that would just change inputs...not graphics. Or, I've also changed the setvar gfx_swertexprocess = 0.00 to 1.00.

The game ran slow and I read somewhere to change that file and it would increase performance. Which it did, greatly. Game runs perfect now.

But if changing the files is the cause...well, I rather stick with ver 1.1 of the game than a fully patched, slow running ver 1.2.