Dos XCOM on vista 64bit

Bmk9182

I've been trying to install UFO on my new laptop for a while now and can't get it to install. My computer has Vista premium 64bit and I'm trying to install the DOS version off a cd.

If I try to install it from the game it says "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running". This makes me think it has something to do with the 64bit version of windows I have. I also tried using DOS box and install it in dos, but when I chose a directory on my c drive it said it wasn't valid.

I haven't tried any patches yet so that could be it, but I haven't found any that seem to relate to this. However, I'm not really great with all this sort of stuff so who knows. Any help is greatly appreciated, you guys seem like a knowledgeable forum so hopefully you'll come up with something. Thanks!

Thanks for the fast reply. I tried that but unfortunately got the same message about it not being compatible with a 64 bit system. So that might be it unfortunately, that its not compatible at all. Thanks for the suggestion though! Any others are welcome