64bit OS

Azrael Strife

https://www.technomag.co.zw/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/windows10.jpg

::

And if eventually handing it all to 'Big Brother' was not enough of a latent concern for the future, it seems Microsoft is perfectly content to start getting your data right now, with Windows 10's preview version, if you aren't paying attention...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
It will be free for a year to upgrade, but that is not the case. I still don't know what happens after a year and I must perform clean install. I don't see any mention of getting Windows 10 ISO, so will I have to install W8.1 then and do I still can upgrade to W10? I would prefer to install W10 from the start then.

• 1 month later...
Honestly, I just don't understand MS mentality. The optional automatic update of drivers was fine, good for those users that are PC incompetent and the option for those more savvy to have it off as they would do it themselves. There's always going to be conflicts with uptades but if you're going to enforce them you just make matters so much worse.

Think I'd be more interested in the idea if it didn't try to handle the non-windows patches and updates(that is, there should be /no reason/ Windows is trying to handle Nivida drivers) and therefore being completely breakable.

But hey, here's a prime example of 'wait a month or two before getting it'.

Updating BIOS just for operating system is such a big idiocy I have ever read. You should be ashamed posting this. One should only update BIOS if the new version fixes some hardware issues not software. For example I have Z87 Sabertooth and I would only need to update my BIOS only if I had nothing to do with money and swap my Haswell CPU to Haswell-Refresh model since by default my BIOS does not support them.