Can't Open the console

IndyShark

Hi Indy! To open the console, you have to perform a couple of steps. First open up autoexec.cfg (for me this is found here: C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Silent Storm\cfg) in notepad. At the end of the file type in wirbelwind. Now save it. Second, open up input.cfg (should be in the cfg folder) with notepad again. Search for a line which says bind console and see what key is binded for the console (it may be F12). If so, change the F12 to ` (the shift character is the tilde (~). Your finished line should look like: bind console '`'. Save input.cfg and you should be set. :)

If you really want the tilde to be the console command, by all means change it to read bind console '~'. Just remember you'll probably have to use the shift key + ` in order to open the console in-game. I find it easier to just bind the ` so I don't have to fool with the shift key. :P

- Zombie

You should be able to access the console from both the base view and the mission view so there shouldn't be an issue with location. Have you tried binding the console to a key like F12? AFAIK, that function key isn't used in-game so it's a good one to check. If that doesn't work, try installing the game again and then editing autoexec.cfg and input.cfg. Last resort try a different keyboard or computer. Let me know if you have success with any of these suggestions. :P

- Zombie

You should be able to access the console from both the base view and the mission view so there shouldn't be an issue with location. Have you tried binding the console to a key like F12? AFAIK, that function key isn't used in-game so it's a good one to check. If that doesn't work, try installing the game again and then editing autoexec.cfg and input.cfg. Last resort try a different keyboard or computer. Let me know if you have success with any of these suggestions. :P

- Zombie

Thanks Zombie. I had to try several keys, but it works fine now. Thanks again for your help!

Will do. It's been a while since I played. I love the mod that gets rid of the panzerkleins!

Yeah, a lot of people complain about Panzerkleins spoiling the game and making it unrealistic so Cookie's mod fixes that. Hopefully one day I'll actually be able to obtain some suits to see what all the fuss is about. :P:)

- Zombie