mathew, on 20th June 2009, 4:37pm, said:
wow, this attribute doesn't seem to go very far. i started up a game with a scout, but i dropped his strength down... maybe 5 i think. that would've been reasonable in s2 or s3, but with only an smg, a rifle, a couple of clips, and a grenade, i'm over 100%.
how do you deal with this?
Hi, Mathew. I agree, weight allowance might be a bit frustrating...
...should i sacrifice int for carrying capacity?
You probably could. Although, it might make passing intelligence based checks later in the game much harder. (if you don't mind reloading then it doesn't matter, really, just save often)
...will strength grow enough in a while to carry a reasonable load?
The stength will grow. Your hero will most likely end with a STR of 7 by the end of the game
should i just deal with the ap cost?
I believe, the amount of APs has also been tweaked in H&S. So starting with DEX 8 won't make that much of a difference. You'll still have ~ 80+ APs at the end
i'd like to be able to carry atleast a long range and short range weapon, a fair amount of ammo, especially for the the weapon of preference, and 2 or 3 grenades.
If I remember correctly, the number of attribute points one gets to distribute when creating a new character is 21. So....
STR 6 DEX 8 INT 7
or STR 7 DEX 7 INT 7
or STR 7 DEX 8 INT 6
or STR 6 DEX 7 INT 8
should do the trick for your hero
You can always create a small mod to modify the speed of Attribute growth. Just put 2 instead of 1 in the STR, DEX or INT modifiers in "Classes"(<<<Edited by Blunter). That will make that attribute grow twice as fast. Putting 3, as you might have guessed, will increase that speed 3 times...
The defaults are:
Str 1, Dex 2, Int 1 for Scouts and Snipers
Str 2, Dex 1, Int 1 for Soldiers and Grenadiers
Str 1, Dex 1, Int 2 for Engineers and Medics
(if you look up Larry's modifiers, for example, you'll see Str 3, Dex 1, Int 1 (<<<Edited by Blunter)/ Talk about "favoritism"
: Just realized I wrote some misleading info here. My apologies.
Those attribute modifiers are found under "Classes
" not "Base Values" tab.
A great example of why I should not rely on my memory too much...
- BlunterMod v 2.4 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) (5 versions of Splittermuster 45 uniform, unique versions of existing weapons, multiple game play changes, all default REs are scripted now, new lighting, several new scripted REs, HE rounds are temporarily gone - converted to 'surplus' ammo instead, 3 new enemy classes ("Grunt", "Zombie", "PK Operator"), all PKs have been overhauled (stronger, better, faster, auto-destruct) and a Soviet Intel subplot featuring Lt. Colonel Mikhalev from H&S ~ 7 missions) + v 2.3 full (without HE rounds)
- BlunterMod v2.3 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) ---4 more uniforms, 1 new ammo type and a new weapon added, "Castle Linden" random crash fixed, a new area "The Bank" added to the Sentinel base, and various other changes + v 2.2 full (see ReadMe file for more info)
- BlunterMod v 2.2 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 20 new ammo types added (AP, HE, API, JHP), 7 unique weapons added, New RPG money items created, German Soldier Class characterss don't wear goggles + v 2.1 (full but without game-breaking bugs, hopefully)
All Uniforms v 2.1 DO NOT USE (bugged) --- A Wave Defense "Castle" encounter, ammo and weapon name fixes, cheaper surplus uniforms, binoculars fix + v 2.0 (full)
- All Uniforms v 2.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 108 more uniforms + binoculars + v1.0 uniforms and changes (ReadMe for v 2.0)
- All Uniforms v 1.0 ready for testing (MediaFire, rar) --- 78 new uniforms (available from the base seller, prices vary) + various gameplay changes
- Silent Storm on Steam Greenlight has been approved 08/28/13!
- Available for purchase on Steam - "Silent Storm" + "Sentinels" page
My Blogs: H&S blog and just funny book titles I created for my kids( unrelated to Silent Storm).