Red Alert: Base is under attack!

lingmiester

Hi,

Anybody encounter this, but during an alien attack of my base a full half of my 20 soldiers were stuck in various rooms with out any means to enter into the main area where the hanger or acess lift is.

Some of them were in like the lab or workshops. They could go up or down, but could not leave that area.

Why is that and anybody else has this issue?

Thanks

LMr.

lingmiester: Let me ask you this - did the base structures have doorways on the lower level? If they were present, you were unable to open them, right? If that is the case, you might have a corrupted save as I doubt this is the infamous base disjoint bug.

Hmm, interesing, but nope there were no doors at all! All i could see was steps to go up, and even upstairs there were no doors to go into the next module.

What about modules under construction, could that have effected it?

Also i notice that even though i had tons of weapons in store, i only got acess to some during the base defence. Furthermore i had accedd to weapons that i have not even researched their use yet! Strange.

LMr.

No doors anywhere? That is strange!

Will modules under construction effect things? Nope. I have just been playing through some X-COM base defense missions and modules under construction do not even show up in the mission.

As for only being able to have certain weapons in a mission... Well that's the 80 item limit rearing it's ugly head! See, you only get to use the first 80 items in your inventory. If you have tons of one item (say 80 Heavy Cannons) you will never see the ammo to go with it.

Access to weapons you didn't research yet? Whoa! Yes, this sure sounds like a good old fashioned case of a corrupted saved game! :P

Hang on, alien weapons do show up in a base defence mission even though they haven't been researched yet. Annoying, but true.

This is one very good reason why you should start the research and sell all of the heavy plasmas off as soon as you can (i.e. get into the habit of spring-cleaning your base). You don't have to assign any scientists to it, just start it and you'll be able to research it later even without the a heavy plasma sample.

By the way, how many of the affected base modules are built along the right edge or bottom edge of the map?

- NKF

Hang on, alien weapons do show up in a base defence mission even though they haven't been researched yet. Annoying, but true.

Really? This never happened to me ever. Do these alien weapons show up in the equip soldier screen before the mission starts, or are they in the mission itself. If so, explain where they are, and if you can use 'em.

lingmeister: If you have Heavy Plasmas and the clips you could shoot your way out your prison. Firing at walls should open them up, allowing you to get your troops out. Even firing at the floor will open up a tile so your soldiers can drop below. :P

They appear in the pre-equip screen. Any left on the floor appear at the various item spawn locations in the general stores. Though they look like they can be used in the equip screen (they're not branded as alien artefacts as you'd normally expect them to be), they end up being unusable in the battlescape.

I've had this happen many times when I have a really huge pile of heavy plasmas but haven't researched them yet.

- NKF