Bargain!

FullAuto

Bought Left 4 Dead yesterday with my brother and played all 4 campaigns through on Normal setting in 8 hours.

Don't get me wrong, they were amazingly fun and I love that every time Francis (as played by my bro) shot everyone but the zombies the characters all whine at him, and we'll definitely be playing on Expert next time around.

The graphics are amazing - I like the nice touches like Film Grain, though I turned that off preferring to see what I'm looking at over long distances. I also like the fact that the loading screens are movie posters with "{Your Name} as Francis" etc and it plays like every good Zombie movie you've ever seen.

Animtation is impressive, Zombies move far too fast (in a good way) and their motion is far too realistic (again, in a good way) that I'll probably have nightmares for weeks... but it was worth it :)

Stacks of replayability in ths game - buy now if you can run it.

Favourite gun was the assault rifle - exploding heads never gets old.

Played much with other human players? I've got quite a few Steam friends and after playing the campaing with my bro initially it can be fun to see what others do.

For example my bro will patiently clear every room he passes whereas the people we played with the other day were happy to just wade in and as long as one watched the front and one watched the back things tended to work out fine.

Expert mode is a nightmare and is enough to give you nightmares to boot!

No, only by myself with bots (the ones Valve makes are better than average, but that says more about average than them). I know this is primarily a coop game, but I tend to prefer single player. That being said, maybe I'll join the madness with yourself and your brother one day. What's your nick at Steam?

• 2 weeks later...

Strategy games 25% off on GOG.com!

Test your tactical, combat and resource management skills in these great games:

* Castles + Castles 2 for only $4.49

* Conquest of the New World for only $4.49

* Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising for only $4.49

* Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business for only $4.49

* M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2 for only $4.49

* Sacrifice for only $4.49

* Soldiers: Heroes of World War II for only $7.49

* Perimeter for only $7.49