Bargain!

FullAuto

Yep - I'm holding out for "Mega-Complete-Ultimate-Edition" :)

:)

Angry at myself, that is. For not posting that from 12-14th UC was 7 bucks and a half or something... So I bought it and pre-ordered ANY, both for like 15,48€.

SORRY, I really am.

But more bargains could be incoming due to the release of ANY on 17th.

They're not fooling me - I'm only getting the Titanium Definitively Definitive Uberpatched Collection :P

Well, there might be no such thing. I doubt there will be any more pathches even. ANY was sorta forced out because of the huge SotS success and GG (Paradox) wanted another, at least small, expansion. ANY doesn't bring many big gameplay changes but a lot of new ship sections, weapons etc.. A must have for a true believer. :)

From now on Kerberos is likely to focus on NS and SotS2. I don't know what is happening with their Planet Zombie game.

ANYway, ANYone who wants the best space strategy game out there should NOT pass this one. Really, less than 16 bucks for all of it... Dirt cheap.

Here:

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/pg/sotsreview

And here:

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/pg/sotsbobreview

:P

Nobody'll be offended if you didn't see them - most reviews on the current site are spread about a bit and not as much fuss is made over them as I have planned on the new version of the site.

Much praise and visibility will be bestowed upon each new review/preview/interview in full technicolour glory on the homepage...

..because I don't have enough to get through obviously :)

Oh, and FullAuto - UK link is different as you guessed: https://www.direct2drive.co.uk/8133/product...ion-UK-Download

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Celebrating one year of GOG goodness, it's buy one get one free from the Interplay catalogue.

Battle Chess Special Edition

Castles + Castles 2

Conquest of the New World

Descent + Descent 2

Descent 3 + Expansion

Die by the Sword + Expansion

Earthworm Jim 1 + 2

Earthworm Jim 3D

Evolva

F/A-18E Super Hornet

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

Freespace + Expansion

Freespace 2

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising

Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus

Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business

Kingdom: The Far Reaches

Kingpin: Life of Crime

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2

MDK

MDK 2

Messiah

Redneck Rampage Collection

Sacrifice

Screamer

Shattered Steel

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

Stonekeep

VR Soccer '96

• 2 weeks later...

All the games in the X-COM series which were compiled and released to secondary sellers by 2K were identical. So for instance, Gamer's Gate, Steam and Direct2Drive's versions of Enemy Unknown are all the same (at least they should be, I don't know what the aftermarket sellers did to them). EU and TFTD technically don't require DosBox (meaning you don't have to download it - it comes packaged in the download already) either because they should come packaged with the CE executable which is windows-based but more fickle to get running in vista systems. (I made it quite clear to 2K that the user should be the one to decide which version of the game they want to play). :)

Edit: downloaded the X-COM Package from Direct2Download just now. It apparently doesn't come with the CE executable which Steam supposedly has. Bah to Direct2Drive. ;) Technically I shouldn't even have to pay for these games either... but I was never given any more access than the testing versions of the games at Steam. Oh well.

- Zombie

There you are again at the forefront of discovery, as usual. Thanks for the detailed info, Zombie. :)

So it appears each digital outlet arranges file packages at their own discretion. I wonder if 2K plays a role in that as well by electing one among several as a favoured digital download channel...

I'm glad you couldn't resist getting X-Com once more. :)

::

I may eventually buy one such package, Zombie, but I'm holding off until the dust settles and we can tell which is _the_ most complete. ;)

p.s.: which reminds me - do these digital release versions still need your all-in-one patch to be applied on top?

There you are again at the forefront of discovery, as usual. Thanks for the detailed info, Zombie. :)

So it appears each digital outlet arranges file packages at their own discretion. I wonder if 2K plays a role in that as well by electing one among several as a favoured digital download channel...

I'm glad you couldn't resist getting X-Com once more. :)

My assumption has always been that Steam was the favored source due to the fact that it was the first place to offer up TFTD... legally. ;)

I may eventually buy one such package, Zombie, but I'm holding off until the dust settles and we can tell which is _the_ most complete. :)

Can't tell you which is more complete because I don't have them all yet. But if the current Steam download of the series resembles my test version, then Steam is more complete. But for $5 (plus the $0.25 sales tax for me), you can't really go wrong with D2D. :)

p.s.: which reminds me - do these digital release versions still need your all-in-one patch to be applied on top?

Aye, these packages are just the same old buggy version as always. So if you don't like too many bugs in EU I recommend applying my patch. :)

- Zombie

• 2 weeks later...