A X-Com mod

thecyke

He`s talking about FF. I`m not sure but it should be on budget release, the game is easily 2 years old now (dont let that put you off, the gfx are great).

Could you USA folk not buy a brit version of UFO:AM off ebay.co.uk etc and ship it over? (if you`re dying to get it, that is)

It's possible that it'll come out here by the time our order comes in. Which isn't worth it because not only would I be paying the standard 50 bucks but also the 15 for shipping. No thanks, I'm patient. Besides I'm working to buy a copy of Morrowind instead. :)

I havent even got that far, playing Aftermath right now, but i`ve played a lot of FF and would offer 2 bits of advice, learnt the hard way.

The strength in grenades is in the area of effect. Aim not on an enemy, throw the grenade at the ground in the direction, it will bounce, travle on and could easily hurt several enemies nearby.

Other than that, run away is my other advice. Choose your battleground, lurk around corners and ambush anyone who sticks their head around..

Hope this helps.

I've just downloaded the mod... And I must say this is stupid. The mod is not even complete, mission four's story board doesn't work and the only way to get through it is by facing a helluva large army of Mutons with just one guy stuck in a cage. The guy should've finished this thing before putting it up like that, it's no good unfinished. :)

Hey I've only just seen this topic! It looks incredible but I don't have the game and at the moment I'm in no position to buy it :)

Doesn't mean I'm going to download it though :hmmm: I don't care if you own the game Jim, that's the wrong attitude to take... (besides, UFO works on every system I've ever tried it on and that's all of them!)

Strong Bob, are you fully FF-patched up? Sorry to hear you`re having probs though. To be honest though, at the end of the day it`s free and a labour of love from the maker. The guys a big FF nut and my gut feeling would be that it can be got working - emailing the creator was a smooth move :)

Patched up... And I'm still unimpressed.

Aparently the campaign is choosing missions completely at random now, it went from mission one right to the mission where you fight a bunch of Floaters and Sectoids in an intersection with the help of the whole team. (Completely skipped the Muton mission and others.) Also I'm seeing an annoying graphics glitch that sometimes causes "anomalies" to occur, like seeing trails behind characters as they walk by, and it rapidly flickers sometimes. I tested it out on the normal campaign mode for Freedom Force, and it worked fine, so it can't be my graphics card. Also, the storyline has a few holes, I've noticed the text boxes cut off at some points restricting the subtitles. That isn't good if your sound card isn't playing the voice volume that loud... Which is the case with mine.

Well, I'm impressed by the graphics at least, though I think the Sectoids are the wrong color :) . The new sounds are great, but that damn music is annoying as hell... I might try to come up with Apocalypse based replacements for it, but I doubt I'd be inspired enough. For now I just turn it off completely. :)

An okay mod in my opinion. Could've been a lot greater if another month or so was spent polishing it up. But I guess it's the same case as X-COM Apocalypse, just not the right time/space/funds for the task. So my opinion before has only upped a tad, but I still believe it's quite unfinished. *Sigh*

I am enjoying myself, all missions come as they should, love it to see 6 aliens fly skyhigh after a incendiary missile. And have you seen the Cyberdiscs, after you killed one the upper-half fals of. And those Ethereals are looking good, this person really put some effort in it, thats for sure, after a heavy frustrating game of aftermath, you can kill some aliens for fun in this game.

Strong Bob climbs to the top of a clocktower and starts sniping people with a high powered water pistol.

LOL, ah well, I can't really comment any more as I still havent played much of it. Too busy with UFO:AM and Age of Mythology right now.

Anyone else out there played this mod?

I am enjoying myself, all missions come as they should.

It didn't for me... Did you install the patch after downloading the mod? That's what I did and I'm getting all these problems.

And is anyone else here encountering the same graphics glitches as I am? I was playing it early this morning and it got so bad that all the characters on the map suddenly dissappeared. I had to shoot blindly through the whole Reaper Arena mission with nothing to help me out but the scanner and click dragging the right mouse button all over the place.

I finished the game, the sectopods look very good, in the end you get power armour and flying armour and hovertanks, it's a nice little evolving story, not too heavy, simple conversations, but better than in enforcer :) ,I had lots of fun playing it, you can also create a mission, it's called danger room, you can choose a map and choose the aliens and numbers of them and then start blasting them away, my favourite is the aircraft carrier, with 20 sectoids, mwahahahaha.