Problem - white weapons

TrashMan

I added a few completely new weapons ot hte game, followed the instruction of how to convert and everything.

The new models is UV mapped, exported, tweaked with the help of MAAEV's editor and finally put in-game. MAAEV's editor opens up the models and the texture shows up fine.

In-game it's white. The files look OK to me, the paths look OK. I'm stumped!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I ask, did you add icons in for these new weapons too? I have yet to find info on what format the pics for the icons are in. They list TGA, but don't load as that. I've tried using text to data conversions, just appending different suffix to them (TIFF, JPG, BMP, PNG) but nothing seems to work. I can... sort of... get models in game, but icons don't seem to work at all.

I think my model problems are due to the 3D modeller I'm using. Textures seem not to work (your white gun problem) and the position of the gun gets lost. I think Milkshape 3D recenters the model rather than maintaining the original coordinates.

(OK, not sure why but the prog I was using to try to edit the TGA files wasn't working, and now I've found one that is. So that problem solved... unfortunately I now need about three different programs to edit this!!! One to load TGA and export to BMP, another that is pretty good at editing BMPs, and another different program that will import BMP and export TGA. Does anyone know a freeware prog that can import export TGAs and has decent editing? IE transparent cut and pastes, radius gradient fills, good zoom so you can individually draw pixels etc?)