ufo the two sides

ufonef

Looking good. Does the tactical work already?

One thing I've noticed that is worth mentioning is that the game doesn't pause when you go from the Geoscape screen to the other screens (Base, Graphs etc.). You'll probably want to fix that, if you haven't noticed.

Crashed relatively quickly. :) If you need help searching for and fixing bugs, drop me a private message.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not pausing on purpose. It's supposed to pause (actually slow down to 1 sec) only with detection of ufo, and perhaps a few other stuff. But when your at your base, and nothing is going on on the geoscape, you can let the time go. After all, if you play with human controlled aliens, game might get quite huge slowdowns because someone is just looking through his stuff in the base. Its just something to get used to. You can control time acceleration from base view with your numerical keyboard btw. 1- slowest, 6- fastest. Tactical works partially. Well, everything works just parially, and its filled with bugs. You can test tactical if you play as xcom, setup a base somewhere in europe and let time pass untill you detect ufo. and just fly and start a mission.

EDIT: About that bug, there is a test ufo in europe. If you don't deal with it fast, it will head home after few days, but there is no ufo base for it, and it might be the reason it crashes. Try fighting the ufo first. Anyways, game is still filled with bugs which for now i dont have the time to deal with. So true beta testing will be for later.:)

• 1 month later...

Some news for those interested: a playable, unfished beta is available for download. It is possible to take this game and play with a friend, at least for a short while.

I know its annoying that you need to manually extract the graphics, but that can't be helped right now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys.

Do you want to see how battlescape looks with remade tiles for desert terrain?

https://ufotts.ninex.info/wp-content/gallery/screenshots/desert_show_sharp.jpg

As you see, viewport is much larger, while tiles also are in higher resolution.

Unit tiles in screenshot are original, but they will also be remade (like every other tile).

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Thanks to new graphic artist, game is getting new remade tiles. He already remade tiles for sectoid, ufo, barn and cultivat.

Here are comparison screenshots, one with new old tiles, one with new (both versions feature new gui):

https://ufotts.ninex.info/wp-content/gallery/screenshots/graphics_old.jpg

https://ufotts.ninex.info/wp-content/gallery/screenshots/graphics_new.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's really sad that all the good work that is done on UFO:tts is not planned to be released as Open Source. That has been the greatest problem of the X-COM community : each new project has been closed source and each time everyone had to reinvent the wheel :cool: (and it will be the same for future project)

I would really like to see the UFO:tts team release the code under an Open Source licence and, particularly, the graphics (under a CC licence for example) as they are beautiful and could be used by either openxcom or ufo2000 (imagine ufo2000 with these graphics : multiplayer right now with lots of screen estate until your own implementation is ready). And all your work would not be lost should the project stops (I'm really not hopping that ^^ ).

So please, consider this inside the team !

Whatever, thanks for the good work !

• 2 months later...
It's really sad that all the good work that is done on UFO:tts is not planned to be released as Open Source. That has been the greatest problem of the X-COM community : each new project has been closed source and each time everyone had to reinvent the wheel :oh: (and it will be the same for future project)

I would really like to see the UFO:tts team release the code under an Open Source licence and, particularly, the graphics (under a CC licence for example) as they are beautiful and could be used by either openxcom or ufo2000 (imagine ufo2000 with these graphics : multiplayer right now with lots of screen estate until your own implementation is ready). And all your work would not be lost should the project stops (I'm really not hopping that ^^ ).

So please, consider this inside the team !

Whatever, thanks for the good work !

What are you talking about? 99% X-Com remake projects are open source >:]

• 7 months later...

Well recently i have downloaded this and found it pretty good (improvements in singleplayer), however been unable to test out multiplayer at least until i get my 2nd comp up and running and maybe bribe the wife to play :) (if its runnnable on a LAN, didnt check) or until someone wants to devote some time to whupping my ass :)

Multiplayer xcom (either pvp or co-op) is one of my fantasies, used to be able to play apoc with my brother (1 squad each on turn based) but this would be awesome :)