S2 Soldier Editor

Zombie

Ok, what I'm looking to do is edit my soldiers abilities (either the "initial" abilities which are hard coded or a saved-game editor to change current stats). That's it. I don't care about maps, textures, images or anything else. Just the stats. I don't have MS Access and I don't know diddly squat about complex computer management so spare me the tech-speak of creating multiple files, downloading multiple programs installing this and that, changing directories, more fiddling, more creating, more swapping etc etc etc. I'm lost after the first sentence. So is there a simple way of editing soldier stats in Silent Storm? :D

I'm really not after cranking my soldiers abilities up to cheat, but rather down to do some testing, though at some point in time I'd like to see what everyone is capable of. :laugh:

- Zombie

• 3 months later...

I know this is an older topic, but if you're still interested or for anyone else that may want to know...

Short answer, yes. Most of values that you want to play with can be accessed through the game's official editor. Anything you may need to install to run the editor should be on CD1 (MSDE for SQL Service).

And if you still haven't familiarized yourself with the editor: in the top menu bar select "Select Tabs", then click on "RPG Settings" in the new window, next check the "Base Values" and "Classes" click OK. Now "Base Values" and "Classes" tabs should be listed in the left window.

Base values have the starting attributes for characters ( STR, DEX, & INT ) and an entry for the overall growth speeds for all skills.

Classes have skill growth. In a nutshell, the "level" entry is set at 14 for all playable classes and the value associated with the other skills is how many points that skill can increase by at level 14. These points do not include the 'bonus' points granted by increases to attributes ( STR, DEX, & INT ).

You will need third party software such as MS Access to mod 'intial' skill values and some of the skill bonuses granted by attributes.