XCOMUTIL on 1.1 , 1.4 or gold ?!

TYR

I recently wanted to replay the good old Ufo, as i stomped over that bug issue with the difficulty. Therefor i wanted to use xcomutil to fix that, however my cd version 1.1 does not function anymore as soon as i apply the patch. Strangely the copy protection is still there but refuses to take my entrys regardless if they are right or wrong. I (organized) myself 2 other versions, a 1.4 dos version and the windows gold edition. When i try to apply the xcomutil to the gold version it tells me it is unable to split up the windows exe file. As im running a 64 bit system and have a gforce card i get a black screen on running this version anyways so dos version with dosbox should do the job. So all that is left is that 1.4 version. Indeed Xcomutil works there and the game runs but the new sounds are just horrible, especially the walking sound does not make a difference anymore if its dirt or metal it always sounds like metal. Thats completly unplayable. Any suggestions how i can have the old sounds and xcom util ?

edit: nevermind, just reread the setup and recognized that the copy protection is not removed but set to a code for all pages. No wonder the original codes dont work anymore. 1.1 is working now and with the good old sounds ;)