Is anyone still playing?

booyaa

Hi all

just found this forum and was wondering if anyone was still playing?

Some of the old timers may remember as me I actualyl won the first unity league back when Eisley(or jimmy of the yewhaw as I call him!) was running it!

So if anyone fancies a game I'm in - providing that 'world of stuart's' 'patch' works of course...

Cheers

Booyaa

I still have all the tournament files (Eisley's tournament files as I ran it for while afterwards) and would love to get it all up and running again, but I have a feeling it may not play well on Vista.

Still, I have XP on my laptop so that should work.

What's the patch you're talking about?

I commandeered my landlord's Vista laptop for a test, worked fine. ;)

But, I can think of a couple of things that might be affecting you. Vista is very anal about security. Check the permissions on that "temp" folder, make sure the Everyone group has Full Control of it.

If that doesn't work, try right clicking the program's executable and check if there's a "Run as Administrator" mode or something there.

It occurs to me that tankman's patch probably relies on the XEM file appearing in that Temp folder too.

That's what I was thinking. The only other thig it did (which was quite neat) was work out the name of the map and (I think) who it was from and who it was to. I think. I could be wrong.

I'll have another fiddle at the weekend. T'is likely just Sectoids plotting against my PC.

It's probably just not uninstalled everything it installed the first three times BB. I'll do a clean sweep of any files and registry entries it may have loaded and try again.

@booyaa - If you bring it back for the iPhone, can you do mer a huge favour and make it work on the G1 android (linux-based) as I've just bought one? ;) Pocket PC would be another good port.

In fact, I'd just settle for a working version in Vista if you're thinking of going down that road :)

Ah, the mode games developers the merrier! If ever you do any strategy games that might fall under our remit and want us to post any news, give us a shout.

• 3 weeks later...
In fact, I'd just settle for a working version in Vista if you're thinking of going down that road :laugh:

Ah, the mode games developers the merrier! If ever you do any strategy games that might fall under our remit and want us to post any news, give us a shout.

Hi People - I was passing and thought you might like to know that a clean install from the original CD works on my Vista 64bit PC. Been playing using the "World of Stuart" method since last year.

Anybody fancy a game?

:D