TFTD Patch numbers

BladeFireLight

In the Official Strategy Guide for TFTD by David Ellis, he mentions that the first patch is called v1.5. In the patch itself, the readme doesn't specifically give a version number either. Kasey Chang mentions a v2 patch in his USG, but I tend not to put much weight behind anything in that guide.

Perhaps the v1.5 patch Ellis mentions was a "working" version number and more things were fixed before its release? Do you know for sure?

- Zombie

I only have the "Totally Unauthorized" Guide. by Jeff James and Bernie Dy. Jeff mentioned he consulted Chang on it. While the books mentions a patch is in the works no name is given.

The v2 and beta names come from the file names from ftp.microprose.com, where the official files resided until it went offline about 4 years ago (I cashed their whole system about 6 years back so see if there were any other TFTD files of interest and found the beta file also packages as v3), and therefor the names used in the version detection by Scott T. Jones on XomUtil.

This is actually the first I have seen the 1.x used in the patch names and I figured it was due to some confusion by some one who was not around when the game first came out.

-Blade FireLight