#581 expii

expii

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostSolarius Scorch, on 25 January 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Expii, I'm not getting your downloads either. The http://www.qclk.ru/ domain seems to be offline.

@#$^&! another attempt:

http://file.qip.ru/a...LE/acm2.01.html
http://file.qip.ru/a...Tj/acm2.02.html

#582 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

I just love the color red...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

Better. :)
Look at you hacker...
A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

-- Shodan, System Shock 2

#583 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

qclk.ru is randomly accessed, I had to just make another try.

#584 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:38 AM

Okim, I know this mod is 10 years old - in fact I played it since almost the beginning - but I have one request: could you perhaps release a version (or a submod) where you retain the vanilla ability of hiring experienced fighters, not just 1st level ones?
Even after all these years I am not sure which model is better; I understand the merit of 1st levels only, but also I feel it makes the mod a bit hardcore, since replacing a lost soldier is a huge pain; and sometimes you lose soldiers to random bad luck even if you play well. So I would like to compare the experience between the two versions.
If you're really not interested, I could try making this submod myself, I've modded games for years, but I've never modded Aftershock and I have no idea where to start... And for you it's probably trivial. So please kindly consider it. :)
Look at you hacker...
A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.

#585 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:45 AM

View PostSolarius Scorch, on 02 March 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

retain the vanilla ability of hiring experienced fighters, not just 1st level ones? I feel it makes the mod a bit hardcore, since replacing a lost soldier is a huge pain;
Sure 1st lvl is harsh, maybe two third level of the average of the squad? since if a squadie has died 'full level', his replacement should even easier die, so he should be more than half the average of squad.

#586 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:44 PM

I'm not sure it can be designated so precisely. I don't really care myself, I'd be fine with vanilla rules. (Maybe without the gear.)
Look at you hacker...

#587 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

View PostSolarius Scorch, on 02 March 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

Okim, I know this mod is 10 years old - in fact I played it since almost the beginning - but I have one request: could you perhaps release a version (or a submod) where you retain the vanilla ability of hiring experienced fighters, not just 1st level ones?
Even after all these years I am not sure which model is better; I understand the merit of 1st levels only, but also I feel it makes the mod a bit hardcore, since replacing a lost soldier is a huge pain; and sometimes you lose soldiers to random bad luck even if you play well. So I would like to compare the experience between the two versions.
If you're really not interested, I could try making this submod myself, I've modded games for years, but I've never modded Aftershock and I have no idea where to start... And for you it's probably trivial. So please kindly consider it. Posted Image

I hear you. I'm currently reviwing this project and will surely adress the recruits issue that the mod had.
Original decision was to make the game much more difficult and your soldiers much more valuable, but recorvering from losses is indeed a bit too harsh even with drone replacements.

I've created a discord channel where i'm going to keep the discussion running.
If you have smth to suggest/discuss or simply want to keep in touch - here is the linky:
https://discord.gg/QYA8H8m

#588 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

Just... don't... let this project hinder the SotS mod! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users