587 replies to this topic

#561 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

When I get there I'll tell but for now I think it's one of those advanced weaponry research and I think you got all of those in one go.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#562 smexi_vampire

smexi_vampire

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

hello im curently playing thought the game and it crashes when i finish the lazer baracks resurch.
i have tryed  cheating and haveing all reserch and the game works but when i build anything it crashes agin
is there any file fix you have or an updated vertion other then one one here and on your own sight ?

any help is apreshiated please and thank you :3

#563 bagatur

bagatur

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

View Postsmexi_vampire, on 04 March 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

hello im curently playing thought the game and it crashes when i finish the lazer baracks resurch.
i have tryed  cheating and haveing all reserch and the game works but when i build anything it crashes agin
is there any file fix you have or an updated vertion other then one one here and on your own sight ?

any help is apreshiated please and thank you :3

what is laser baracks exactly? :)

#564 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

I just love the color red...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postbagatur, on 12 March 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

what is laser baracks exactly? Posted Image

Probably Energy Barracks?
Look at you hacker...
A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

-- Shodan, System Shock 2

#565 Astral_Punisher

Astral_Punisher

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Hi Everyone,I'm new here, but I enjoy this mod, and noticed that the descriptions for many of the items are not quite 100%.
Typos and spelling mistakes abound, and I am the kind of person that is a bit of a stickler for that.
Thus, I am going though the localizationPack.vfs, and correcting and smoothing out all of the issues that I can.

I would like to share my changes with this group, so if an admin could post my update/changes so that others can grab it, along with this excellent mod, I would appreciate it.
I'll repost here when I am completed my changes. Thanks.

EDIT:

Okay, I've finished my first pass - I changed some of the descriptors to clean up some of the 'lingo' so it's more understandable.
Let me know if there is anything else that needs fixing, or even if there is anyone out there that is even using this change!
Thanks.

Link to file: http://snk.to/f-ctnqxqwl

TO USE:
Extract the file into your "Aftershock\Localization" directory
Start Aftershock and enjoy.

#566 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Welcome Astral, and thanks in advance for your work. I'll appreciate it too.
Okim seems to have stopped working on ACM years ago (more because it seems complete than because he abandoned it), but I'm sure he'll be thankful too. If for some reason he doesn't respond, please attach the file somewhere around here for download.
Look at you hacker...
A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.

#567 Astral_Punisher

Astral_Punisher

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for the welcome Solarius.
I've played through this game at least 3 times now, and twice with this mod.
The descriptions always bugged me as being just a little off - I looked up AS modding, and now I can provide some assistance, so I'm happy about that.

Let me know if there is anything I can tweak to improve it.

#568 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Wow. Didn`t expect this mod to actually being  alive nowadays...

I don`t mind if someone releases fixed stuff for this mod. Especially text fixes.

Energy barracks produce powerful troopers that use laser and later - plasma weapons IIRC. These were designed as a proper support for your squad against Cultist Cyborgs and Wargots.

#569 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostOkim, on 01 April 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Wow. Didn`t expect this mod to actually being alive nowadays...

Are you being serious? This is my favourite mod for any game ever! Posted Image
Look at you hacker...

#570 Astral_Punisher

Astral_Punisher

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

Okim, I've very much enjoyed this mod, and have played with it for many hours. Thanks a ton for making it.
I don't feel like I am 100% done with the discriptor fixes, as every once in a while I catch another one and change it on my local files.
I'll upload and provide a link to the updated files as I go (and as I have time to change them).

At the moment, I am taking a break from AS to play UFO:ET, with a mod from a gentleman known as 'greyman'. I am going to be linking him to some of the logs I have, as the game tends to crash quite often for me.

Also, as this is the internet, you never know when someone is creeping on your old files! :P
I myself have creeped this forum for quite some time. This is my first post (and small contribution).

#571 GantradiesDracos

GantradiesDracos

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:06 AM

hey, i know im reeeeeally late to the party here, but is there any way to tweak the XP gain up a bit? ive been playing AS for the first time in a few years, and decided ot have a go with ACM, but the inexplicably low xp for fighting the cult and the wargots is kinda a turnoff. im averaging 100 total xp per mission, 200 if im extremely lucky, and im unsure if its by design or a bug/ misplaced decimal point or something, and have no idea how to go about tweaking it myself, if its even possible...

#572 GantradiesDracos

GantradiesDracos

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:12 AM

View PostOkim, on 01 April 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Wow. Didn`t expect this mod to actually being  alive nowadays...

I don`t mind if someone releases fixed stuff for this mod. Especially text fixes.

Energy barracks produce powerful troopers that use laser and later - plasma weapons IIRC. These were designed as a proper support for your squad against Cultist Cyborgs and Wargots.

hey, its one of teh few comprehensive mods out there, and the new weapons are totally sweet :P
jsut wish there were a few more for afterlight

#573 expii

expii

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hi, guys. First of all I wanna thanks Okim for this mod, it's realy great. Also I have some good news for ACMod fans and present patched version 2.01 of this mod.

Version 2.01 changes:
- most of ai_units bugfixed, now more cultist units are available (were locked in previous versions due to bugs);
- fixed all bugs with cultist cyborg-drones (as I hope Posted Image);
- some minor bugfixes in buildings, subraces, etc.;
- also updated by Astral_Punisher LanguagePack included [made by Astral_Punisher].

download here http://qclk.ru/kn/OQM2

#574 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image

I never thought I'd see another version of the ACM... Definitely it's the right time to get back to it!

Just curious, was this patch approved by Okim? It's not like I wouldn't try it otherwise, but I would still like to know.
Look at you hacker...

#575 expii

expii

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostSolarius Scorch, on 25 September 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

Just curious, was this patch approved by Okim? It's not like I wouldn't try it otherwise, but I would still like to know.

O-o-ops, no, is it really need for bugfixing? Ok, I'll contact with Okim about this.

#576 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

Hi there. I was a bit of surprised to be contacted with something regarding UFO AS mod :) Though that these times have passed long ago. I have no problems with bugfixes or any new mods based on UFO AS ACM (as expii requested).

#577 expii

expii

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

[deleted]Okim has got me permission to bugfix/modify or create another mod based on ACM.[/deleted]

#578 InsideOutFace

InsideOutFace

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

View Postexpii, on 29 September 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

[deleted]Okim has got me permission to bugfix/modify or create another mod based on ACM.[/deleted]

Expii, your download link doesn't seem to be working for me.  When I try to download it, the file size is 0 bytes.

#579 expii

expii

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

View PostInsideOutFace, on 26 December 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Expii, your download link doesn't seem to be working for me.  When I try to download it, the file size is 0 bytes.

Sorry for my late answer. It seems file server error, I reuploaded file:
ACM 2.01 http://qclk.ru/kA/ddDT

Also I presenting next bugfixed version:
ACM 2.02 http://qclk.ru/k3/oQf31
Version 2.02 changes:
- equipment minor bugs're fixed;
- research tree minor bugs're fixed;
- duplicate and unused files removed;
- VFS size and mem size optimized.

#580 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

Expii, I'm not getting your downloads either. The http://www.qclk.ru/ domain seems to be offline.
Look at you hacker...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users