#541 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Okim, on 14 June 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Actually difficulty has no impact on phases. Wargot phase, for example, will switch to spaceship one only after researching wargot-cultist colaboration tech.
IIRC (it could be written on the good guide), difficulty has actual impact on research (and production) time, hence it has impact on duration phases (the less difficult, the shorter).

#542 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

The only way it can impact on phases is when you are researching cultist-wargot collaboration. After that no matter what you research - the phases continue to advance on their own.

Only the last phase will require a 'finaly mission' tech to start it.

#543 gojcus

gojcus

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

I just conected PC with 47LG TV. Now I have the problem running the game cos I can only use 1024x768 resolution and nothing more. Any sugestions?

#544 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Sorry, just noticed your post. I rarely visit this forum nowadays.

As i recall UFO AS does not support any other resolution ecxept 1024x768. You can launch it in window with that resolution, but you wont be able to see anything on your TV (it will probably be too smallish for a proper readability and such).

#545 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi, i`ve recently launched my personal webpage where you can find all the info on all my projects and few words about me. here is a link to UFO Aftershock ACM mod: http://okim.nickerso...odding-ufo.html.

Note that this project is very yound and is just being filled with info.

Feel free to brouse the site and perhaps register on my forum.

#546 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Okim, on 26 August 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

recently launched my personal webpage: http://okim.nickerso...odding-ufo.html.
perhaps register on my forum.
Even a forum! Well done man. I should register it. At least I bookmarked your site.

#547 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Browsing through your page made me remember how huge your modding ventures into SotS and UFO are... Man.

Are you still determined to finish TCM?

#548 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Determination is what i really lack this time :(
I do return to it from time to time and put a texture or a detail on the new cruiser, but its such a rare occasion...

For some reason i find more inspiration to mod Starfarer and work with that site. Perhaps i got tired of SOTS? :)

#549 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

:googles Starfarer:

Oh yes, I'm familiar with that project. ;) I actually do think I saw a post on it, comparing it to what Northstar would look like - except for the squad based tactical.

I asked about TCM because I saw it included into your new site. Otherwise I can understand that one can get bored of SotS after all these years. Oh, I also saw your excellent work at Endless Space! You definitely have an impact on space strategy.

#550 Neyreyan

Neyreyan

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Trying to finish this on Veteran, restarted 3 times:) i never got to finish vanila, looked too easy.But....guys this game has an exploit.It's a bit of a game breaker, if you help cyborgs and you kill them and get grenade launcher+sonic grenades= advanced weapons research.So if drops could be disabled for allied troops it would be great...it's a big game breaker to pick stuff up from allies you kill.

#551 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hi. Here is link to my new project http://www.strategyc...ilent-storm-1/.

I`m housing the mod here on Strategycore.co.uk and i`m making it for UK version of Silent Storm 1. So anyone interested - please, be a guest :)

#552 acqsen

acqsen

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

hey Okim. Thanks for great mod. Posted Image
I have only scratched the content yet but its looks full of nice looking guns so far.

Small odity i found, that gave a a lot of trouble. Maybe you can explain, details in spoiler
Spoiler

#553 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Sorry, i have just noticed your post (yeah, 2 month since it was posted, i know).
While reading all that caliber/equipment stuff i just realized that i don`t remember a thing about modding UFO: AS.

I`m glad you found how to do that! :)

#554 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Everyone who ever played this and other my mods - i need your support!

This project of mine needs your help: http://www.indiegogo...tars-board-game

If you enjoyed fruits of years of my dedication to modding and ever had a desire to thank me for that - now is the most proper time ;)

#555 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

I just love the color red...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

Damn, I only saw it now :/
Perhaps you should have done this on Kickstarter? I've never heard of this site, and I doubt many people stumbled onto your project...
Look at you hacker...
A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

-- Shodan, System Shock 2

#556 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Someone might update the file section since there you download old version (1.3 I think) and here Okim provides link to 2.0.

By the way Okim, if you will visit here. I wonder is there in code a real difference between Infra-red visors and night-vision? During my vanilla games I thought that Infra-red is the ultimate one and nothing can compare (except the PSI which could spot through walls).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#557 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

Infrared is a spotter for both day and night time. Nightvision is just for night and for close range spotting i think. So yes, IR is an ultimate. The best spotter for cultist hidden units is a good psyker.

Thermal Scope is good against Wargots as it provides a bonus to high-IR-signature targets which WG are. Cyborgs also have better IR signature.

Movement Scope is against Cultist melee guys as those are pretty fast and always running. This scope negates penalties against moving targets.

#558 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

So getting IR and NV at the same time just makes NV totally obsolete.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#559 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

I just love the color red...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

I guess some transgenants at the very least could be cold-blooded... That would make IR unsuitable in certain situations.
Maybe Starghosts too?
Look at you hacker...
A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

-- Shodan, System Shock 2

#560 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hm. Remind me how could you get IR and NV at the same time? If you mean night googles and thermal scope - they have different usages in the game. Googles for spotting while thermal scope just gives accuracy bonus against IR-bright targets.

If you mean different guys one with IR and other with NV - than yes its mostly useless as IR will outperform NV. However, as Solarius said, there might be some different enemies with totally different IR signatures. I can`t recall any value for the enemies though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users