589 replies to this topic

#501 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Does anybody know a program similar to Virtual PC that can emulate 3d graphic cards? VPC always has a vga compatible device that does nt work with UFO AS :(

P.S.: still can`t solve the problem with UFO AS not launching at win 7...

#502 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

3D Analyze

Why have you upgraded to Win7? SotS2?

#503 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostSpace Voyager, on 15th November 2011, 1:29pm, said:

3D Analyze

Why have you upgraded to Win7? SotS2?

Yes. But mainly due to Battlefield 3 that also requires at least vista (which is even more crappy imho).

#504 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

UFO with analyze still does not work :(

EDITED:

A wierd thing has just happend. After installing catalyst 11.10 the ufo has finally launched. Played the first mission without problems.

It seems that ATI driver was causing the problem.

#505 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

Congrats!

#506 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Hi guys.

An update is ready for UFO AS ACM mod (ACM 2.0).

There are only two 'fixes' that were made, but those are actually major:
1. reduced loudness of all weapons (GOD bless adobe audition!). Tested sounds on m4, akm, pistols and shotguns. All other guns shoul work as they were encoded in similar way to those tested.
2. fixed bug with cyborg-drones. This one needs testing as i`m unable to spend lots of time for UFO AS due to some family related time consuming duties :(

Here is an archive: http://www.okim.nick...m/ufo/ACM20.rar

I wanted to include missing glossary images for the new stuff, but those are quite time consuming and will be left for some future update.

Update is fully save-compatible, so there is no need to start anew.

#507 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

Okim, I hail your dedication!
I'm still perfecting my French localization of the game (it was uterly bad), and I had spotted many bad informations in the original english version: I didn't want to correct it, as I don't use it.
(Good french loc here: http://www.ageod-for...ad.php?t=20106)
If you didn't corrected it in your own english localization file, maybe someday I'll correct the vanilia english one and you could carry these over yours.

#508 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

View PostERISS, on 28th November 2011, 7:54pm, said:

Okim, I hail your dedication!
I'm still perfecting my French localization of the game (it was uterly bad), and I had spotted many bad informations in the original english version: I didn't want to correct it, as I don't use it.
(Good french loc here: http://www.ageod-for...ad.php?t=20106)
If you didn't corrected it in your own english localization file, maybe someday I'll correct the vanilia english one and you could carry these over yours.

Sorry, don`t get it. There are some grammar/description mistakes or what do you mean?

#509 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostOkim, on 28th November 2011, 7:01pm, said:

Sorry, don`t get it. There are some grammar/description mistakes or what do you mean?
Maybe the patches corrected the english file only.
Per exemple, in French one, what can carry the spaceshuttle we build is false, for items and men.
That is as the French official localization file is still from Aftershock 1.0, or a beta version.

#510 pikor666

pikor666

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

ACM20

Hello okim,

Thank you for the acm20, i have sum issue, there's weapon that i can't produce i.e 5.56 rifle, 5.56 combat rifle and lots other, seems like there's no factory to produce them. the icon for ths factory looks like the laputa lab. the weapon that i have atm i got it from cultist drop. the wargot will arrive in 12 days or so. and I would like to prepare the squad.

May be I miss some research. i'm not sure.

Thanks

pik

#511 Mungo

Mungo

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Im sure the answer is a few pages back in this topic. The latest version of Okim's ACM no longer allows you construction of more advanced firearms from the start. You'll have to get them from your enemies' cold dead hands. Once you research the right technology ("Cultist weapons" i believe), you'll be able to produce ammunition for them, though. Until then, even if you get the weapon your ammo supply will be scarce. This includes ALL weapons marked with that laputa icon instead of factory one. Usually those used by former soviet coutries.

Personally, I didn't like it when I saw it at first, but I realised after playing it that the gameplay is even more interesting and forces you to attack Cultists as soon as they arrive to get some advanced equippment. I still miss real weapon names though. Equipping a soldier with dual Advanced 9mm SMGs just doesn't sound right.

#512 pikor666

pikor666

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostMungo, on 2nd January 2012, 8:06pm, said:

Im sure the answer is a few pages back in this topic. The latest version of Okim's ACM no longer allows you construction of more advanced firearms from the start. You'll have to get them from your enemies' cold dead hands. Once you research the right technology ("Cultist weapons" i believe), you'll be able to produce ammunition for them, though. Until then, even if you get the weapon your ammo supply will be scarce. This includes ALL weapons marked with that laputa icon instead of factory one. Usually those used by former soviet coutries.

Personally, I didn't like it when I saw it at first, but I realised after playing it that the gameplay is even more interesting and forces you to attack Cultists as soon as they arrive to get some advanced equippment. I still miss real weapon names though. Equipping a soldier with dual Advanced 9mm SMGs just doesn't sound right.

Thank you for the fast reply and explanation. Now I can attack and attack cultist for their weapons  :)

pik

#513 Solarius Scorch

Solarius Scorch

I just love the color red...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hello Okim, long time no see. :) I'm thrilled that you're still releasing new versions.

I've just upgraded from 1.3 and love all new things: re-organization of armoury, new models everything. Still, I believe there is one important bug I need to report: the knives. Anyway, I believe it's a bug, since you didn't mention it in change logs. The problem is that throwing knives are no longer Commando weapons. Yes, everyone can use them now, and the result is that I don't use any other close combat weapons (like shotguns or guns). It was already gread as a Commando weapons, but now I don't really need much else before Wargots with how fast and powerful knives are. (I play on Superhero level.)

If I'm mistaken and the knives aren't training depended intentionally, then as much as I love and admire your mod, I must say it's a horrible, horrible idea. They make all handguns and shotguns obsolete, at least the less-to-moderately advanced ones.

Best regards!
Look at you hacker...
A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

-- Shodan, System Shock 2

#514 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:49 AM

Hi.

I`ll look in to this throwing knife overpoweredness issue, but the availability of basic throwing knife is a design choice.

#515 Lorifel

Lorifel

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hello, Okim.
I've registered on this forum to say "thank you" for all the hard work you did while working on this mod. I wish you happiness and great success in everything you do!

#516 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Thanks! :clapping:

BTW does anybody experience crashes in tacticals against cultists?

#517 Mungo

Mungo

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Well, I didn't experience any crashes with ACM 1.7, in fact none at all since 1.4 (was crashing when trying to equip cyborg mortar on equip squad screen, never used that in newer versions again, so I don't know if it was solved) and I'm playing quite a lot. Aftershock ACM 1.7 is my notebook all-time-installed evergreen :clapping:
Tried on WinXP 32bit and Win7 64bit.

#518 ERISS

ERISS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostOkim, on 25th January 2012, 5:33pm, said:

does anybody experience crashes in tacticals against cultists?
It can comes from vanilia game, as there still can happen some CTD in AS 1.3 tactical game.

#519 jreid

jreid

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

When I ask for recruits from the various factions, they all start at level one. Previous to installing the mod, I could get recruits already several levels higher - more in balance with my soldiers' higher level. Might this be related to your mod somehow? If so, can you fix it?

#520 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postjreid, on 23rd February 2012, 11:54am, said:

When I ask for recruits from the various factions, they all start at level one. Previous to installing the mod, I could get recruits already several levels higher - more in balance with my soldiers' higher level. Might this be related to your mod somehow? If so, can you fix it?

It is a mod`s feature. Represents your superior fighting experience and the need of new recruits to learn how to combat the enemy, how to cooperate within the team, etc. etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users