ACM (UFO Aftershock)

Okim

Well, decided to restart with 1.8 anyway. In order to speed things along playing at "wimpy" Soldier level (letting my 7 yr old help out with tactical fights, so probably balances out)!

Anyway, just one minor bug to report - if you try to hire psi or cyborg with less than required resources in your account, "DEBUG_XXX" appear in all fields for all their stats. Game does not crash. If you return later with proper resource levels, everything fine.

Great Stuff, mate! :) Hope it works for the german version of UFO:AS... Else I have to get an english one elsewhere... :) If it works, I think I gonna translate the new entries from the Localization-Pack into german. The german translation is very poor even in the original game... some variables missing, worse translation, misspelling and bad grammar. Also missing: german spelling reform from 2006+.

cross your fingers that it work for me!

Edit: It works! yay! :) First of all: I loled about the "Pipe" as Starter-Weapon :P

P.S.: I've just registered my account for this project! Keep going! =)

minor bug to report - if you try to hire psi or cyborg with less than required resources in your account, "DEBUG_XXX" appear in all fields for all their stats. Game does not crash. If you return later with proper resource levels, everything fine.

That's a vanilia bug, already here before ACM.

However you explained it better than me, so I add your sentence in my list:

https://forum.altargames.com//index.php?s=&...ost&p=66226

Found a bug: When you kill enemies with "pipe" as weapon -> this kill doesn't count

Never actually encountered this one. Or never bothered. Try to test knives and katanas - they have the same damage type and do not differ much from the pipe :P

Just wanted to post that i`ve fixed some minor mistakes and revorked a bit both 7.62 chaingun and gatlaser. I`m quite lazy at this time to add attachments to gatlaser - so i just increased its damage by +100.

Calico was also fixed a bit and now can be equipped with muzzle attachments.

Just wanted to post that i`ve fixed some minor mistakes and revorked a bit both 7.62 chaingun and gatlaser. I`m quite lazy at this time to add attachments to gatlaser - so i just increased its damage by +100.

Calico was also fixed a bit and now can be equipped with muzzle attachments.

Great. I assume once its posted/finished that any minor changes like this won't FUBAR games already started with version 1.8, correct?

Katanas kill, knives should kill too (not tested yet), but pipes don't... hmn maybe I've forgot to install something, I just installed ACM... maybe its also a bug from the german only version. The german version has lots of additional "makeover.vfs" for the soundfiles and voicepacks. I also found out it's quite hard to see enemies, just at the beginning the cultists are a real pain in the ass. phew.gif I also got some ressource problem for the first time...

I also noticed that some weaps use 2x3 squares instead of usuall 2x2 or 2x4 squares. When you equip them, they shrink to 2x2 square or enlarge to 2x4. They intend to do that?

I also noticed some new weapon sounds are extreme noisy, you can't hear the rest of sounds because the volume of these sounds is quite extreme...

Hmn ok, I better quit posting bugs in here if you feel botherend by that "minor crap", gonna fix it for myself... I don't intend to play a semi-done makeover.

Look. The mod is finished long time ago. I don`t attend much to it now and i don`t bother with such odd things as loud sounds or auto-adjustable images. I don`t consider these as even minor bugs - they are more likely localization issues or wrong settings.

If you do like the work that is done - you should at least accept modder`s point of view regarding such minor things. Don`t expect me or any other modder to rush searching for odd things that does not interfere with the mod or make it unplayable.

I have nothing but huge admiration for the amount of work I see put into Okim's mods. Both this one and SotS mod. com, I'm sure you only want the mod to be even better but there is no need to call it a "semi-done makeover" when you encounter a thing you don't like. Okim didn't call your findings minor crap either, he said minor stuff. He also didn't say you were wrong. He just said he wasn't going to attend to it.

BTW Okim, is there a way to do a rough estimation of how many work hours went into your mods?

Thanks for support :)

Its difficult to estimate actually. 3 years of work with SOTS mod and something over a year with UFO AS mod, but how many in hours... i don`t know :P

• 2 weeks later...

hello! i'm new to ACM mod

i'ved got a couple of questions

Why I cannot research mines

how can't I get SCAR H , SCAR L - research them I mean

when i killed some warghouts i got a scanner and some mines at the recovered items screen, but they dosen't apper in my inventory

Sorry about my english!

New update is available (~72mb)

Version 1.9 changes:

- increased gatling laser damage from 350 to 450 per shot.

- increased 7.62mm chaingun`s recoil to 2 (was 1).

- added muzzle attachment to calico (9mm hi-cap rifle).

- fixed various text mistakes.

- increased ammo size of g11 and vss boxes to 100 per ammo box (was 40). The best way to give a player some extra ammo of this types.

- increased mines research cost, but made it easier to research (does not require a mine to research, scavenging mines will reduce research time though).

- increased cultist weapons research cost, but made it easier to research (does not require a 85mm weapon to research, scavenging those weapons will reduce research time though).

WARNING!

- This update can run with ACM 1.8 saved games, but only calicos acquired after 1.9 update will have a muzzle attachment.

- Researches listed above will work normaly.

- There are still inconviences with glossary text and images for some items.

- And the sounds are still LOUD! :P

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the new update, Okim.

In my last game I've killed about 500 cultists but still failed to get any SCARs or PKP. Will it help if I play the game on a higher level of difficulty? (I was playing on the second level)

No it wont.

Only cultist leaders and some cultist-cyborg soldiers can be carrying pkp. It is extremely rare.

SCARs are used by local human leaders and thus are also rare.

Numbers per battle for leaders are strictly set up - 1 per battle.

Attempting to contact the person who provided access to that server for me. No reply yet.

I`ll reupload the archives at another server today.

Nickersonm posted about this in Kerberos forum;

Sorry, I'm having problems with my hosting provider at the moment. In a day or two it should either be back up or migrated to a new host, and the page should be restored.

• 2 weeks later...

Never played Aftershock and wonder if I should apply the mod now or play vanilla?

Read through the post here and man what a nice looking job, and what a lot hours you must put in.

Would this be the only mod to pick for this game or do you guys recommend any others?

Thanks.