4 replies to this topic

#1 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

ALTAR released the latest fan-made patch for UFO: Afterlight today. Version 1.7 includes the following added features and bug-fixes:

Here's the changelog:

Fixed:
  • Add-on duplication bug
  • Expedition Commander and Expedition Soldier mix up in research item names
  • Drones no longer get paralyzed by Beastman paralyzing ammunition
  • It is no longer possible to get additional characters to join your team by letting a drone get killed during a mission
  • It is now possible to fix the "corrupted ground textures" problem by disabling bump mapping for ground models in the "Graphics" option menu (thanks to Stucuk and Lord Storm)
New/changed features:
  • Removed some shader restrictions to allow the game to run on wider variety of graphics cards
  • The game now displays a dialog box when enemy attacks your home base
  • It is now possible to change the item mode for all selected units at once
  • Enemies use different fire modes based on the distance to their targets
  • The game will now use different quick save files for tactical and strategic modes
  • The game no longer generates capture missions on enemy main bases
Modding related changes:
  • Third armor add-on slot is now visible when using mods that enable it
This patch also includes localization packs for every language the game has been released and a helper application which makes changing the in-game language easier for users.

You can download the latest patch in our files section. ShadoWarrior has also updated the Total Rebalance modification to be compatible with the new version, and you can get that too from our files section.

#2 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,308 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

To refresh our memory...

Fixed:
Clicking on empty space when all vehicles were in the home base caused the game to lock up
Completing a capture mission yielded a different interrogation research than expected or none at all
Capture missions for Reticulan factions didn't appear again if you failed to complete those missions or they timed out
Matriarch Interrogation research item didn't show up in the research list until you researched Matriarch Autopsy first
Beastman Anatomy training for Reticulans displayed a wrong icon
Fixed a peacetime trade contract with Reticulans where they should have offered crystals for items, but they only requested items without offering the crystals
Changed:
DVD check removed (no need to insert the DVD every time you play the game)

1.5 (first patch)

This patch fixes following bugs:

After long period of playing, mission loading time was increasing; memory manager could cause crash-downs.
Skybox was seen in other visual modes.
Destroying the target in an expedition mission didn't result in a win.
Replacing suit add-on didn't replace its bonus.
Deleting squads caused missing characters in the Equipment screen.
Interrupted level-up caused a loss of remaining level-up points.
Automatic re-equip created missing ammo.
"Unload all" affected parameters of other equipped weapons.
"Unload all" didn't refresh list of composed items in the Storage screen.
Beastmen weren't able to re-equip after they had been mind-controlled and disarmed.
Signs of some different mines on the globe were the same.

Also this patch improves the game in following matters:

The game runs under Windows Vista.
Appropriate handling of OpenAL libraries (sound issues).
Repeated stun-attack on unconscious unit doesn't add more experience.
Over-damage doesn't add more experience.
Info about selected character in the Base screen is displayed.
Changing a speed of the tactical game is possible with shortcuts; the same ones as in the strategy game.
Center on vehicles is obtained by clicking to open space in the Globe screen.
Clicking a portrait of a boss in any Management screen turns off his speech until next visit to the screen.
Labels of corpses in the tactical game are displayed only after the mouse focusing.

#3 Guest_lazerid_*

Guest_lazerid_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

Very interesting news, indeed ! Glad to see the community support for the patch is still working. But wasn't there also a fan-made patch for Aftershock ? I thought I had heard of that.

I'm sick of having to insert/eject my DVD 10 times before Aftershock decide to launch (well more precisely : before Starforce "decides" that my bought DVD is a real one  :/ ). Moreover I would like to play Aftershock under Linux but still have the classical problem with Starforce and Wine.

So if you could confirm the existence of the fan-made patch for Aftershock, that would be a real gift  ^^

#4 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

Sorry, no fan-made patch for Aftershock yet. I believe PetteriB has the source however, so if you send him a PM / post in the official forum, he may be able to help you. No guarantees of course, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:42 AM

Thanks for the answer Slaughter. Good to know that perhaps PetteriB has the source, I would really like to see a community evolution for Aftershock like for Afterlight.

At least there is perhaps a little light of hope  ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users