What do the values in parenthesis mean in production?

scottws

I've been playing UFO Extraterrestrials with Bman's ease of use mod 4.07 (fixed by Coasty). I haven't played the unmodified version at all so I'm not sure how it works.

In the original XCOM: Enemy Unknown, I made a living by building a ton of laser rifles and selling them. I'm having trouble with money in UFO ET and producing and selling things only slow down the losses.

I'm trying to come up with a chart that tells me how much profit per hour each item is with 50 engineers working on them. I'm having a tough time with this because I don't understand what the number in parenthesis means in the production screen:

https://scottws.zapto.org/files/ufo_et_production.jpg

At first I thought maybe it was the value of selling one of the items but that turns out to be incorrect because a Laser Pistol sells for $18,000 and the screenshot above shows $30,400 in parenthesis.

What is the significance of these values? I looked at the manual for the unmodified game but it doesn't say and the screenshot in the manual doesn't show these values in parenthesis. It must be something added by Bman's ease of use mod.

• 2 weeks later...