Mods for x-com

Saber123

I was just thinking why doesnt any one make a mod where a couple of civilians take arms up against the alien invaders i mean in my opinion would you walk around aimlessy or would you hide or pick up a gun and fight back also where are the cops in this game just wondering because i have yet to see a city that does not have a police force of some kind does any one know of mods like this.

Been there done that.

I did a proof of concept for this a while back.

What happes is the Civilians are hostile to both the aliens and X-Com units. However they only attack with reaction shots. so you have to give them a 100 in the reaction stat for this to work.

If some one wants to patch the exe to fix this so they can be nutral twords xcom and fire inteligently it would be cool.

-Blade FireLight

100 reaction?! Hrm, that might be bad... They'd fire during the alien turn, just about whenever an alien moved an eyebrow.

Actually, I reckon it may well be possible to give the civilians their own turn in the game... Tricky, but I think it might be a feasible thing to add to UFOUtil, based on the multiplayer mode included in the game.

Beyond me, though.

This might also interest someone. A couple of months ago I asked Pumpkinhead if he could combine the different body parts of Bagirov's urban cammouflage so that I could replace the civilians with soldiers. The graphics came out bigger (the civilians's height is shorter than xcom agents) and need to be corrected but if anyone's interested I can give you the files.