X-COM Apocalypse problem with storage

xcomer

here's the problem: I brought my three Valkarye (sp?) Interceptors back to base... each one had two defense shields, one large accuracy assistance, and one missle defense. When I try to unload different items (i've tried various choices) my storage area is suddenly maxxed out. Is there any work around for this?

tia

Check that you haven't been hit by the 65535 widget bug. This bug is where you somehow ended up with a negative amount of items in storage, which then turns into a very large amount in storage. (signed to unsigned conversion). There are a variety of possible causes for this.

If this is the case, then just sell off the items to make space.

- NKF

I will certainly do that when I get home tonight. Man, will i feel like a fool. Is there a particular item that I should look for?

Check that you haven't been hit by the 65535 widget bug. This bug is where you somehow ended up with a negative amount of items in storage, which then turns into a very large amount in storage. (signed to unsigned conversion). There are a variety of possible causes for this.

If this is the case, then just sell off the items to make space.

- NKF

Oh, so we do call them widgets after all. ;) Why widgets, though? I don't remember hearing the term used here.

well, I just figured out what I think the problem is (at least I THINK.. don't have much time tonight)... the max of the storage happens AFTER i sell the small disruptor shields... I can take them off the ship, but when I sell them, THAT'S when my storage gets maxed out. Sadly, there is nothing that I can see that can be sold. No widgets, no nuthin.

any thoughts?

I know that you can easily replicate the bug with alien tech for vehicles that have yet to be researched by transferring or selling them twice from the air and ground screen until you've removed more than you physically own. Then there are other times that it just happens due to some glitch. In particular, the game fails to check the quantity you're moving for researched large and small shields.

Can you try sending your ship to another base and then removing the shields? Check the quantity of the small shields.

Gimli: Widgets - doohickeys - thingamibobs. Just a generic terms for lots of useless stuff I guess. I recall 'widget' was one of the earlier terms used to describe the bug way back in the day. (though I guess getting 65k small shields to use and sell hardly makes them worthless! ;) )

- NKF

Are you saying that there was always something to sell off? I'll have to go back (when I get home ;) ) and check again, but I didn't see anything to sell. I would LOVE to have 65K small shields.

I know that you can easily replicate the bug with alien tech for vehicles that have yet to be researched by transferring or selling them twice from the air and ground screen until you've removed more than you physically own. Then there are other times that it just happens due to some glitch. In particular, the game fails to check the quantity you're moving for researched large and small shields.

Can you try sending your ship to another base and then removing the shields? Check the quantity of the small shields.

Gimli: Widgets - doohickeys - thingamibobs. Just a generic terms for lots of useless stuff I guess. I recall 'widget' was one of the earlier terms used to describe the bug way back in the day. (though I guess getting 65k small shields to use and sell hardly makes them worthless! :) )

- NKF

Are you saying that there was always something to sell off? I'll have to go back (when I get home ;) ) and check again, but I didn't see anything to sell. I would LOVE to have 65K small shields.

I've tried everything I can. If i sell even one of these small disruption shields at either base, the the whole storage area is filled up, but there's NOTHING to sell. I need to sell them to re-equip my soldiers for the invaded buildings. I'm going to be in a world of hurt if I can't sell any of them, but I think I'm screwed. I even tried waiting for a new day, but nada. Anyone?

Assuming that only the "free storage space" figure has become corrupted, you can probably "patch up" the problem by buying an amount of items equal to the amount of shields you wish to sell.

Any items should do; cheaper the better of course.

Oh man, I wish i'd seen that earlier. I actually bought a new computer and so I just started over. Thanks though.