Secret Mission: how to unlock

laclongquan

How in the world do we unlock this mission?

Specifically I play an engineer just to get this robot. At the moment he's 150 Eng.

Get the Penemunde Cyphered Message: OK

Get the confession of THO agents in Border mission: OK

Get the cyphering book in Valhala: Ok

(Play border before I fail the godfather mission, as godfather is the only failable mission)

No sign of that poland secret mission.

Anyone help me please? even if we had to using code, I aim to play this bugger of a mission this time for sure.

As for code: add wirbelwind into s3autoexec.cfg, in the office, global and region map use the two codes but still unable to get into.

AGHHHHHRRRR!

Uh... never mind, figure it out!

Turn out the capitalization and the space must be exactly as people mentioned:

"KoMik: You can open the zone to Poland chapter via ScenarioAddVisibleZone( "Secret" )

or begin the zone via BeginZone( "Secret" )."

BUT! before that I chose Stealth already. And stealth meaning no PK, also meaning no Robot....

Bugger!

I guess we shall have to rig a house full of grenade to get ABRS killed... I anticipate fireworks...

Color me embarashed!

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

fwiw, I'm using the "gold" version of the game and didn't have any problems getting this to trigger once I picked up the last code book.

one thing I would note for those planning on this mission though.... the transition from the first area to the next is very narrow. if you try to bring more than 3 pks through, one of your units (flesh or armor) will end up outside of the moveable space (trapped between the walls) so, sadly, I highly recommend you bring a max of 3 pks with you for this mission. OTOH, most of the fighting areas are fairly narrow and small, and well suited to normal combat anyway. bring energy pks or snipers; if a 3rd, grenadier or abs rocket launcher (if you got one from the random special in Egypt). lead with your toughest pk, and have your snipers pick off anyone who attacks the leader.

shouldn't be too tough for the first part.

then comes the robots in the second area.... if you managed to get your pks into here, it's fun to figure out good strategies to take them down. make sure you use stuff with lots of damage and better than 60 penetration. mines, energy weaps, and pk sniper weps are good. the heavy mortars and the AGS rockets will also damage them. or... you can sneak by them and get to the next area after talking to the scientist, and come back with a friend.

if you are very patient, you can get one pk at a time to fit through the portal into the last area. frankly? don't. you won't need one there. bring the robot back with you to the second area and get your pks back then.

someone should mod this level so it has better portals. the area you need to stand in is VERY small. hard to do some of them even with normal units, let alone pks.

...here's the takeaway for the secret mission:

if you want a robot that is indestructible to anything with under 60 penetration (can take a full clip point blank from a johnson lmg, or frankly ANY machine gun or submachine gun, and not get a scratch), then it's worth the effort. otherwise, by the time you can go there, all of the weapons you can find there can be bought at the store.

iow, don't go there for loot. seeing if you can take out the robots without losing anyone BEFORE you activate the prototype bot (which has little problem dealing with its brothers) is really the only fun to this whole mission. It's a real pain trying to get your PKs through the narrow ass portals.

• 5 months later...