Valhalla Firm map discrepancy? telephone is misplaced.

laclongquan

It's a bit spoiler but not much:

Okay, the phone in that map, which can be used to misdirect the police away from there to avoid civilian massacre, is in the side house of Valhalla firm, right? the wing with three red guys in there.

I vaguely remember used it to call the police away so as to avoid shootings between them and the THO. It's years ago so I dont remember clearly where it was .

This replaying I tried that trick again. Of all the phone in that map only the ligh green phone in the 3-redshirt room look vaguely promising. Alas, it's hung in midair beside the chair. If I destroy the chair it will explode along with it so I suspect the phone was set on the chair. And the map is slightly out of sync.

So the questions are: Is that the correct phone? How do I use it? If it's bugged can we fix it? or fix the map?

Is that the correct phone? How do I use it?

If I remember correctly :laugh: , the phone you are looking for is outside, on the wall between two commercial buildings.

Don't recall the exact way to use it... Now thinking about it - there are only 2 ways they could have done it.

You either approach it and a specific script kicks in offering you a choice of action ... or ... you'll get a use icon when hovering the mouse over that object. Don't remember which one though...

Blunter

If I remember correctly :laugh: , the phone you are looking for is outside, on the wall between two commercial buildings.

Don't recall the exact way to use it... Now thinking about it - there are only 2 ways they could have done it.

You either approach it and a specific script kicks in offering you a choice of action ... or ... you'll get a use icon when hovering the mouse over that object. Don't remember which one though...

Blunter

Thank! Just one for the sake of completion.

Frankly, with careful planning you dont need that phone. two guys for 3-red room, one for library, one for back room, 2 run like hell upstair (scouts) and we are set. The red shirts get about 1 turn to shoot at police so chance are the cops wont croak yet. You can order them to run like hell to fit the time before cops shoot THO.

Still, it's useful for timing. Without it, the cop following his beat will discover the HMG redshirt upstair and start shooting (and if you stand upstair corridor in his sight with gun on hand he will shoot too). With it, they are lured away so you got more time to position your team.

• 1 month later...