Good Old Games

FullAuto

GOG does what it says, providing a catalogue of downloadable games. ATM there's only two prices, $5.99 and $9.99, which is very cheap. They've got stuff like Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics, the Descents, Kingpin, MDK 1&2, Operation Flashpoint, and less obvious games you (I) missed the ifrst time around, Original War, Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, and er, the Redneck Rampage Collection.

Definite bias towards RTS games, though that's hardly surprising. Small catalogue to begin with, but it will only get bigger. Site is nicely designed, forums already busy, no DRM with the games, which are XP and Vista compatible. You get stuff free with some titles, artwork, soundtracks, wallpapers, avatars, etc. Catalogue can be filtered by genre, rating, price, availability (available or coming soon), publisher, and of course you can search for a title. It also lets you browse a full list if you're feeling energetic.

Interesting.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Top Ten most wanted ATM is:

System Shock 2

Planescape: Torment

System Shock

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows Of Amn

The Secret Of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

The Curse Of Monkey Island

Full Throttle

Outcast

Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis

Spore turned up on the wishlist, which made me laugh. Some people must really want to get it legally, without DRM. :laugh:

Thoguht I'd put a link to the site in the first post :laugh:

Gutted I can't see inside. The intro page is really shiny so I can only imagine the rest of the site is just as nicely designed.

Since they've got Interplay, I'd like them to add Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek: Judgment Rites, though maybe windowed on today's screens as I recall the graphics being possibly slightly blockier than X-COM. No offense, but it just wont do if my eyes bleed ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Morning All,

one of my random visits back to these forums (I do check them about once a week, honest!)

Anyway, not sure if this has been posted else where but there was nothing immediately apparent after a quick search, but Jagged Alliance is now available on Good Old Games for the princely sum of $9.99

Not bad even with the current currency conversion rates :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyone played The Guild? Is it any cop?

If you don't mind the non-pace of the game. It's really really slow-paced, you'll spend most of your time waiting as everything happens in the background.

Still, you'll find yourself going "Just five more minutes", and the next thing you know your boss is on the phone asking why you're not in the office yet.

Not that I would know, of course... :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...