Custom Unit Frustration: Sound

crux2

It has been a mixed few days for me, I recently managed to get the S2 editor working after having been a fan of the game since its release. I'm only just starting to find my way around the editor, but I've already acomplished 90% of my initial goals - namely to change the models/uniforms used by the recruitable heroes.

Right now I'm trying to create a female hero with the airbourne (allies sabotuer) uniform and the british female voice, but so far I'm having real trouble. At the moment I'm trying to edit the "Kate" hero, I've done pretty much all I want except that I cant get her to use the british voice. I'd appreciate any help in this regard, alternatively - could anyone explain to me how to change the create-a-hero uniform/head choices?

I know a mod has been created that grants allies access to hammer/axis uniforms etc, so if anyone knows how this was done, again, I'd really appreciate a walkthrough. :blink:

It has been a mixed few days for me, I recently managed to get the S2 editor working after having been a fan of the game since its release. I'm only just starting to find my way around the editor, but I've already acomplished 90% of my initial goals - namely to change the models/uniforms used by the recruitable heroes.

Right now I'm trying to create a female hero with the airbourne (allies sabotuer) uniform and the british female voice, but so far I'm having real trouble. At the moment I'm trying to edit the "Kate" hero, I've done pretty much all I want except that I cant get her to use the british voice. I'd appreciate any help in this regard, alternatively - could anyone explain to me how to change the create-a-hero uniform/head choices?

I know a mod has been created that grants allies access to hammer/axis uniforms etc, so if anyone knows how this was done, again, I'd really appreciate a walkthrough. :blink:

To edit PC soldiers replies (acks for acknowledgements) you'd need to modify the AckInfo Tab in the editor. Namely the SoundID.

Clicking one of the lines in the AckInfo will bring up all the characteristics of that particular reply:

--Face Expression - what the character's face muscles do when saying that ack (frown, smiling, etc)

--StringID - identifies the situation when that ack is uttered

--WhoID - Whose face is going to be on the screen (in the lower left corner playing the animation)

--HeadSequenceID - the movement of the character's lower jaw when speaking. They generally don't match exactly (one wouldn't be able to read their lips, ;) ) but each sequence has its own duration and articulation. Come in handy when creating own dialogs without the software to create the animations.

--SoundID - That's the one you will need to work with to find the right replies (in the Sound Tab) and link to them

For example, let's take the ack Kate says when she is overloaded and give her L.A.'s voice:

Allies\Ca-Kate\Kate100 "You ask too much. It is great burden to carry"

and link the SoundID to

Allies\Us-L.A.\L.A.239 "Half the guys I know couldn't carry this load"

Keep in mind, for whatever reason, the developers put those two acks in different folders. So don't be discouraged by that.

The Kate's SoundID is in Sound\GeneratedAcks\Allies\Ca-Kate folder whereas L.A.'s is just in Sound\GeneratedAcks\Allies.

-----------------------------------------

To be able to expand the number of faces available at the start you have to enable "can be listed" in that person's description in "Pers" or "ComplexHeads" tabs

If you wish to change the uniforms of your Hero - change the Model of the PCSoldiers/Hero in Pers tab.

To change their faces - change their FaceID in the ComplexHeads

Blunter