New-ish TFTD mod

Zombie

Some of you may have heard of an X-COM mod from the Project Perfect Forums called X-Com: Terror From The Deep (a Command & Conquer Total Conversion for Yuri's Revenge). Well, I think the team finally has a Moddb page up and running. The actual name of the project according to that page is "X-Com: Terror From The Deep Redux". Here is a short description of the mod:

Get ready for a lethal dose of intense strategic combat, Redux will throw you into the Alien-Human war as a battlefield commander of either side. X-Com: TFTD Redux turns the classic X-Com 2: Terror From The Deep game into Real Time Strategy by using a new kind of 2D engine. Alien and X-Com factions will have their own singleplayer campaigns in this game. Development is still in the early stages and the custom engine is still unfinished. Check the forums for more information (official page link).

Not much content is at the site yet, but there are some tempting new screenshots which look interesting:

aquatoidsketch_183.jpg cliffs_small1.png triton_small1.png

- Zombie

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping this topic. I'm the leader of the project TFTDR and I like to announce that this project is not dead and we have decided to make it TBS instead of RTS (we still might include RTS gamemode, but that's not important at this point.) I'll try to compose more music and get more terrain stuff finished.

Current status:

-New 3d artist, Gatzar, who'll model characters.

-I started to remake TFTD Intro video.

-Custom engine is still being made, but at the moment I don't anything to show from it.

It would be nice if X-Com fans would post suggestions and things they want this project to achieve.