binocular222

I divide weapons into 6 groups:

(1) Pistol

(2)Sniper

(3)SMG and MG

(4)Grenade

(5)Heavy weapon

(6)Rifle

Which is the best weapon in each group? I cheat weapon but don't know which is the best.

Another problem is the Allies guy with above his head. He does not attack me but other Allies fire at him. Must I kill him to pass the stage? Why Allies kill one another?

Beside, is there any difference between Silent Storm and Silent Storm Sentinel?

I don't have a medic so, when a squaddie is wounded, what I can do to him? (I cannot use first aid kit and don't know which item to use)

One question left. In the abilities panel, do all upgrades cost 1 point or I have to accumulate points to get special upgrades?

Wounds: use tape or haemostatic powder ... anyone has enough medical skill to use that.

All special abilities cost one point.

I won't recommend weapons, since that'll just destroy your enjoyment of the game - use the weapons you have :blink:

(1) Pistol

(2)Sniper

(3)SMG and MG

(4)Grenade

(5)Heavy weapon

(6)Rifle

1) Best pistol for me is the tiny little PPK-type jobbie you get early in the game. Not great, but quite useful if you don't have much inventory space, or need a secondary weapon but don't use it often. Runner-up is the Webley, which is a beast.

2) Silenced Kar98k or something like the SVT-40 (I think that's the one I'm thinking of).

3) Best SMG is either the suppressed M3 or one of those with the big 70+ round magazines (PPSH?). Best MG for most of the game is the MG34 or MG 42, but late on you can pick up an RPD, which is excellent.

4) Haven't got a clue, too many to choose from. I prefer those stick-type potato masher grenades for normal use, but there's some absolutely stupidly powerful ones.

5) Can't remember there being much difference between the rocket launchers, really.

6) Rather fond of the M1 carbine early on, but one of the semi-automatics like the Garand or the SVT-40 is probably the best all-round.

Yep, Sentinels is the sequel.

1) Best pistol for me is the tiny little PPK-type jobbie you get early in the game. Not great, but quite useful if you don't have much inventory space, or need a secondary weapon but don't use it often. Runner-up is the Webley, which is a beast.

2) Silenced Kar98k or something like the SVT-40 (I think that's the one I'm thinking of).

3) Best SMG is either the suppressed M3 or one of those with the big 70+ round magazines (PPSH?). Best MG for most of the game is the MG34 or MG 42, but late on you can pick up an RPD, which is excellent.

4) Haven't got a clue, too many to choose from. I prefer those stick-type potato masher grenades for normal use, but there's some absolutely stupidly powerful ones.

5) Can't remember there being much difference between the rocket launchers, really.

6) Rather fond of the M1 carbine early on, but one of the semi-automatics like the Garand or the SVT-40 is probably the best all-round.

I'am using Prototype M81 [heavy weapon] - which is overwhelm and Sea Devil [rifle]

With those superior stuffs, the game is still difficult and enjoyable (provided you don't cheat "show all", "level" or "god mode")

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not using pistols...but in the sniper department the scoped carcano for sure, you get it WAY earlier then the Silenced 98 Karabiner, my sniper had already a familiarity of 5 before getting to the silenced mauser...also its got a range of 50, so as long as your sniper isnt spotting his own targets, you should be fine.

SMG)well, the tommy gun is pretty accurate with a nice,long clip, but I prefer the STG 43/STG 44/MP 44 for its killing power and, if youre playing axis campaign, unlimited ammo.

MGs)well I just saw a DP, and havent really captured many allied MGs, so I go with MG 42 (efficient ammo storage, pretty big clip, O.K. accuracy, immense stoping power)

Grenades)All my team members have a light HE grenade for defense and close-quarters, the yellow (french I think) grenade wins there.My soldier also has a Stielhandgranate (best looking and most powerful medium grenade available in big numbers, hands down), my grenadier has a couple of these together with those big Panzerwurfmine grenades for the really big groups of enemys

Heavy weapons)I only use MGs from that tab, sorry

Rifles)From the axis side, Id say the unscoped carcano is pretty good, fires normal mauser ammo...the M1 carbine is great for your scout, but you have to scavenge ammo from random encounters in germany or UK(usually a brit or 2 have them), for now Im using M1 Garands on most of my guys, but I think Im going to change to AVS-36 soon, as I found 2 of em in teh russian factory

• 2 years later...

:necro: for the necro god~

(1) Pistol

M712, bar none. True, Walther and Luger and Webley might have damage/AP better, but it's the only pistol with burst setting of 2 rounds. If you must use pistol, it's this or none.

But in higher setting, with enemies level getting higher (and bigger VP), the small damage of M712 (or Walther) may not be enough. IN that case we are witnessing the return of Colt 1911. With high AP/high damage, it's enough to stop each target with 3 shots, something cant be said for M712's 4 burst.

(2)Sniper

The best is SVT scoped, of course. there are other sniper gun might do dmg/AP better, but the 15AP snap is too versatile to ignore.

Middle game, it would be GW scoped, with its 10 rounds mag. Mosin Scoped is actually better, but the 10 round just better than 5, and in Axis you need to save its ammo for the enventual SVT scoped. Manlicher is fine and dandy, if you are bother to pack its unique ammo in Axis campaign

Garand scoped is great except SVT scoped is right after its ass, so not much chance to use it unless in Axis.

(3)SMG

Early game would be Sten2 until Sten4 in Axis and 5 in Allied. But really, it's just occupying space until STG44. Anything else is just filler.

FG42? See above. Or section 6.

(4)Grenade

That two tile grenade, M61?, is the lightweight of choice. Other would be dependant on source.If you can get access to it, yellow OF is nice, secondbest in the class. Failing it, 3rd choice would be Breda.

But best would TG42, russian made. In the hand of my grenadier it can crit Helena in her super PK. Save all three of it for the final battle~

I like the pineapples, which can be good to both people and PK. AntiPK will require tens of it but it can do the job with grenadier.

Potato masher seems to be a bit too heavy and clumsy.

Heavy grenades are just eh~!

(5)Heavy weapon

HMG would be Chattelerau until DP. The former has pretty good dmg/AP ratio, and ammo can be taken from the rifle. The latter because of the ability to punch through wall AND PK. ZB or MG is nice, but the antiPK is a definite sell.

Rocket launcher should only be used for antiPK considering its clumsiness. For that, the PIAT is reputed to be a good thing, though I dont see it. More over, you need 2 piece, one each hand, so that you can shoot twice and run, instead of wasting time for reload.

(6)Rifle

i generally dont use non scope rifle. OTOH, due to FG42 is classed as rifle, it's a worthy consideration with burst4. It can be used as intermediate alternative for SMG and HMG, before the appearance of STG and DP.

Laser weaponry and Sea Devil is just unsporting. I mean, two shot of LZ and PKs are down. Or one hit then run, three turn later they are down~ Sea Devil is worse.

• 4 years later...

I divide weapons into 6 groups:

(1) Pistol

(2)Sniper

(3)SMG and MG

(4)Grenade

(5)Heavy weapon

(6)Rifle

Sentinels is what Silent Storm should've been. It adds to the original game while remaining more than familiar.

Talking about the weapons, I don't min-max anymore. I like weapons for their style, looks and "SWAGness" over raw damage values. Thus take my (necro'd beyond belief) suggestions with a pinch of salt.

1) Pistols. Webley-Scott. I rarely use pistols. But when I do, I will use this. It has low capacity, high space / ammo but is easy to use and has quite a bang.

2) Sniper: Manlicher-Carcano w/ scope. Once again, low ammo capacity, high space / ammo - but is easy to use and the damage isn't that bad. SVTs and AKSes are for the weak. Also comes with a unique firing sound.

3) (S)MG: Most of them are rubbish. And if the range is short enough, most are equally good. German MGs do have the benefit of sharing the ammo type with rifles.

4) Grenades: Even with a dedicated high STR grenadier, most heavy grenades are simply too heavy. Any light or medium fragmentation grenade will do.

5) Heavy weapon: Lasers are for the weak. But then again, so are most of the heavy weapons. When the target is a brick wall, it doesn't really matter which of the rocket launchers you use. Although the PIAT feels the worse.

6) Rifle: Manlicher-Carcano. Same reasoning as the sniper, obviously without the scope.

• 2 weeks later...