Scoring and Alien Activity graph bug

FloodSpectre

Hello. I'm running X-Com UFO Defense CE on a Win98 laptop with XCOMUTIL and both of Zombie's "routes" fixes installed. I'm having a very strange issue with the graphs that I haven't read about after searching both here and on google. For some odd reason, when I bring up either of the UFO Activity graphs or the Score portion of the Finance graph, the numbers on the left are HUGE. 65,536,000 for scores, and 377,487,360 for Alien Activity, as a few examples.

Also, something which is definitely related to the graph issue was my end of the month report gave me a rating of Excellent and a score of 268 MILLION or so, told me that the council was pleased with my excellent work, and then where it lists individual countries that were particularly happy/angry, it told me that every single country was unhappy and had reduced funding.

Anyone have any insight on this problem? Maybe it's related to XCOMUTIL, or perhaps it's just a rare bug? If anyone wants screenshots or a copy of my save, just ask and I'll post them up.

Due to some iffy memory handling, the game has any number of glitches that may happen from time to time without causing the game to crash back to the desktop. In this case the game somehow got the scores corrupted to such a high value that the countries see it as a negative score.

Generally you can recover from it by reloading to a point before the glitch occurred and hope that it doesn't happen again.

- NKF

Thanks for the quick response.

Reloading to a previous save did help my problem, though it occurred again instantly. A second attempt, and it was fine. I think it may have coincided with some UFO activity I was unable to detect that was affecting my score, because the problem only seemed to occur when I went into a negative score for the month.

In any case, problem solved. Thanks!