Loose Change - Conspiracy Theories 9/11

This winds up internet man Maddox something chronic. See here.

For a slightly more reasonable view of Loose Change, this is quite good.

It might comfort some people to believe it was all a huge evil conspiracy, but AFAI am concerned, I find the damage a few extremists can do to be quite frightening enough.

The Loiseaux family, owners of Controlled Demolitions, Inc., which is widely considered to be the worlds top explosive-demolition firm, calls the idea that the WTC buildings were brought down by explosives "Ludicrous."

There's quite a few of these in the second link. No link to the source, and him saying that they are "widely considered to be the worlds top explosive-demolition firm" has no reference to who's saying that. Not that I really question his statement, but since he is bashing the video for not having sources, it seems a little lame not to have them himself.

Anyway, I don't buy that anyone can pull off a conspiracy like this (US government or other), but amusing none the less :blink:

I just read the entire article pointing out all the flaws in "Loose Change". I am impressed by the author's fact checking in the first half of the video, but in the second half, he gets a little too overconfident in himself and starts to go on the occasional ridicule, making more frequent one-liners and insults the video more than stating facts.

Also, I'm not amused by his breakdown of the Loose Change rendition of the Osama Bin Laden video... Apparently the author resorted to the same "coulds" and "maybes" that Loose Change did, to fight it.

This is most obvious when Dylan Avery points out that the FBI files say Osama is left handed, and clearly uses his right hand repeatedly in the video. Mark Roberts, the author, seems to only refute this claiming that "He could be ambidextrous" and admits there are other videos where Osama uses his right hand.

Frankly, I would think that chances are the FBI simply got that tiny detail wrong. Instead of claiming that there is some kind of impersonator or actor in the role of Osama, and the FBI database is flawless, it could simply be a mistake someone made in Osama's profile. I mean... If our intelligence tells us there are tons of WMDs in the Middle East, where there aren't any, couldn't they make mistakes elsewhere of a smaller magnitude?

• 2 months later...

Anyone here see the special on the History Channel dealing with conspiracy theories for 9/11? The basically took Loose Change's theories and destroyed them in a "controlled demolition" so to speak. :laugh:

It amazes me that some people believe this is what really happened on that fateful day (much like the assignation of JFK). The United States government, CIA, FBI or a "black ops" group could never orchestrate such an elaborate plan: they can't even tie their shoes without screwing up.

Strong Bob: our intelligence never said that there were WMD's in Iraq. I don't know if you ever saw the PBS special by Bill Moyers Journal called "Buying the War", but he clearly laid the foundations of what led this country into the war and all that crap about WMD's. Spot-on reporting and journalism at it's best. ;)

- Zombie

Considering all this is retrospect, I'm amazed at how many "truths" TV teaches us. It's like Homer says in The Simpsons: "It has to be true, they said it on TV!" (after seeing Apu accused of the same crime he was falsely accused for hours earlier)

Not saying all the propaganda they feed us in the idiot box is untrue, but it's a bit too easy to buy into everything without giving it much thought :laugh:

• 1 year later...
I don't know if you ever saw the PBS special by Bill Moyers Journal called "Buying the War", but he clearly laid the foundations of what led this country into the war and all that crap about WMD's. Spot-on reporting and journalism at it's best. :)

Linky. You can watch all four parts of Buying The War there along with a recap. Highly recommended. ;)

- Zombie