X-com Apoc, MUsic?

Xzrnoth

Morning everyone,

Here is my problem. I downloaded a ripped version of X-com apoc from * somewhere *

It works great! sound, no stuttering, And it works! Unfortunitly, There is no music? How can I get music? i've downloaded the music files from the website, but dont know what to do with them?

Any help, would make me love you, So please help

lol

-Bill

*Edit by Zombie: removed link.

Well, I think the sounds (as well as the music?) is in the RAWSOUND folder which has a few sub-directories (EXTRA, SPARES, STRATEGC, TACTICAL and ZEXTRA). But where they go in there is beyond me (too many files to narrow it down). What are the names of the music files?

You may not even be able to play the music if this is a DOS version of the game. For that, you may need a VDMS emulator. :blink:

- Zombie

If I'm not mistaken, it's the huge (300 - 400mb or thereabouts) file that goes in the root of the game's CD-Rom. It's the only file that the game will not copy over on the so called 'full' install.

Some folks have been able to copy it into the hard drive and get it to play though.

- NKF

Well I tried a few diffrent things with no success, But found a simple solution, the sound files in MP3 format that I DL'ed from the site, I just ran with windows Media player in the background with X-com, Works fine, Sept action music is random. It works though and gives ya the feeling of impending doom lol

• 1 month later...