More fanfic!

Mouse Nightshirt

Mr Ashton "Fox" Pierre has released chapter four of his epic, "X-Com: The Extra-Terrestrial Combat Unit", which is a great read, and has finally broken the drout of user submitted fanfiction!

I'm also working on the Kansai Arc. Progress is slow atm, but I should be able to concentrate on it again in the near future.

And good luck to everyone who will be getting their GCSE results over the next few days (Mine are tomorrow! EEK! I know most of you English nuts will be getting them on Thursday), and also congratulations (or comiserations as the case may be :)) to all who got their A-Level results!

//**EDIT**\\

I made a mistake with Fox's work. It's fixed now, and the most up to date version of each chapter is alive and kicking. Also new is that it's actually seperated into chapters :)

Warning! Chapters 1 and 2 are quite large (over 1mb), so you may need to wait a tic if you are on a 56k

/me got 3 grade A's at A-level

/me is happy

that is, grade A in computing, physics, and maths.

------------------------------------------------------

for those in other countries with other education systems:

Secondary school runs from roughly ages 12 through to 16ish

in the final two years of secondary school GCSE's are taken.

on average a student will take 9 GCSE's (i think... it's been a while, m'kay)

grades for GCSE go from A* - E, where A* is the best, A is the next, then B and so on.

next cometh College and As & A-levels

As levels are completed in 1 year. with possible grades ranging from A through to E.

A levels take 2 years. basically you do an AS level in a subject, then if you want to take it to A level you study it for an extra year.

most people who do A/As levels do about 4 courses to As level in their first year, and then drop one and take the other three for another year to bring them to A level.

Alan lies about GCSEs (I know you're out of date :))

GCSEs are legally required examinations, and all school going pupils mus sit a minimum of 5 GCSEs, with Maths, English and at least Single Award Science. Most students take 10 GCSEs, usually over 2 years, less commonly 1, and rarely more than 2. The grades, depending on Tier, go from A* - G, and then to U.

Higher Tier grades go A*, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, U

Intermediate Tier Grades go B, C, D, E, F, G, U

Foundation Tier Grades go C, D, E, F, G, U

"Canditates who fail to reach the minimum standard (G), will be Ungraded (U)

The grade Q will be given when a grade is bein witheld, and will be replaced with a grade on the A* - G scale whenever appropriate

The letter X will be issued in such reason as absense from some or all of the components of the examination."

Approx grade boundaries:

Top 5% - A*

Next 15% - A

Next 10% - B

Next 10% - C

Next 10% - D

Next 10% - E

Next 10% - F

Determined before test, may be adjusted pending results: G

<determined grade G: U

I'm sure I just wasted my time at that because no-one will be interested :)

• 1 month later...