Fallout 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't got it yet, but does anyone know if the console version is stable or would it require updates to play well?

I'd recommend the PC version instead, if only because of the sheer number of player-made mods available. Plus, the DLCs aren't available for PS3 until later whereas PC & Xbox already have them, and even then they're bugged to the point they require a couple of custom patch mods in order to play.

Hmm, I might get both copies eventually, but will start with the PS3 version for the time being. PC's not souped up enough to play most of my current games, but will get rectified before long. Takes forever to play Fable for example.

:oh: What?! Seriously? What game did fascinate you enough to buy it even though you won't be able to play it? Perhaps ever...

Well, heaps of titles actually, but have only collected a few of them so far. Disgaea 3, both of the Ratchet and Clank titles that are on it currently being the ones that already own. Have been following both series on the PS2 avidly. Games yet to gather are Cross Edge and maybe some of the Armored Core games. Also hear rumours that there's going to be another Jak and Daxter installment, but haven't heard anything concrete. May try Gundam Target in Sight some time too. Fallout 3 was inevitable - just a matter of which platform to start it on.

The number of titles that were starting to interest me is what caused me to cave in. Have only just started doing that with the PSP too since last week - but this is good timing as they've got a new version of the console coming out fairly shortly.

- NKF

I beg to differ. By applying a few mods, you'll be able to change your Fallout 3 experience.

I recommend Martigen's Mutant Mod (affectionately known as MMM), FOOK, FOIP to make those two play nice together, and Fellout.

With these 4, you will learn to fear the night...

No, seriously. I'm not kidding here, you'll be running for the nearest brightly lit, defensible shelter when you realize the sun has set.

Not knocking mods as such (some games like the Elder Scrolls series wouldn't be as much fun without them), but I do find that it's a little sad that many games can't be enjoyed out of the box.

One of the questions I actually had was whether the .223 custom pistol managed to make it into this? Used it so much in 1 and 2, even with characters that didn't specialize in small-arms or have any skill points allocated to it. But then I was thinking in terms of the original game system.

- NKF

That doesn't mean that F3 is fun, it isn't, the mods might make it though, but I don't really have the time nor want to look around for mods for every game that's just boring out there, I just want to have some relatively quick fun! :oh:

As NKF, I too feel sad a game requires mods to be entertaining enough.

What was the standard pistol that was in the game then?

The standard pistol? I think you're talking about the 10mm. The only other pistols are the scoped .44 revolver, that crappy Chinese-made Mauser, the .32 revolver "pea shooter", laser, and plasma pistols.

IMO, my favorite pistol was the laser pistol because I usually had a billion energy cells for it, it did okay damage against most things, didn't wear out quickly, and best of all it was pretty light. For me, it made the perfect side arm...when using the either assault rifles or plasma rifles seemed like overkill. Usually when I would go spelunking and run into feral ghouls and raiders.