Getting energy level to 7 - how? & Rets/Martians

infael

I'm very near endgame and want to get energy to 7 so I can produce some new weapons. How? I've made the necessary upgrades and done all the available research.

Anyone kill off the Rets and/or Martians before killing off the Beasties? In my last game, I didn't. Wondering what happens if I kill off one or the other?

Have you researched the Alien Power Plant upgrade? If so, have you checked if you can upgrade the Fossil Fuel Power Plant?

I've the Ramirez powerplant, and alien powerplant is not in my research list. Just the shaman interrogation and a terraforming thing.

Do I need to kill the purple Rets for that?

Ah right, I forgot that the Alien Power Plant is renamed after the lead scientist participating in the project, most of the time being Ramirez. Ok, so you've researched it, have you upgraded the fossil fuel power plant to this?

With the "Ramirez Powerplant" you should have a power production of 21 and a level 7 already. Are you trading out energy to any of the alien races? I seem to recall that either the expedition or the martians request an energy level in at least one of their trades

I must have been giving 1 energy level to the Rets, because I just declared war on them and got an energy level of 7. Is there a way to stop trading energy without going to war? There are no psi helmets in AL nor does Major Leader seem to work well...

Resource trades can only be cancelled by declaring war and attacking at least one of former ally's territories. Many have felt that an alternative of doing should of been added, but there is none. Avoid any trades that involve you giving resources away, but accept any that means recieving as long as it doesn't require to give up another. just equipment.

Of course, you could just declare war, attack so the trade is broken and then just defend yourself until they're ready to declare a truce. I have no idea how much time is required for this after any betrayal tho.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I must have been giving 1 energy level to the Rets, because I just declared war on them and got an energy level of 7. Is there a way to stop trading energy without going to war? There are no psi helmets in AL nor does Major Leader seem to work well...

well the thing is that when you have researched psi weapons and ret commander interrogation, you will have the option to research the psi absorber which is a suit addon that helps against psi attacks. i found it especially useful against expedition cuz they use psi rockets and stuff and are a lot stronger than the usual rets