Taking screenshots of movies

Azrael Strife

Does anyone know how to do it? how to capture a screen of a paused video file. Print Screen does not work, neither does an application like WinSnap. Actually, the effect is quite strange, the part of the screen where the video is displayed is like a "hole" in the program I pasted the screenie, like a Clip Mask in Photoshop, very strange...

Been using GOM Player, could not find a screen capture option, I'll try taking the screenie in Media Player Classic or I'll try BB's suggestion :( The digital camera one is too much a trouble :D plus I'd have to borrow one from my brother or my dad..

Thanks!

Depends on the video card I guess. I recall when I was using a Voodoo 2 Rush that I had the similar thing with the hole when I was trying to take screencaps of an animation I made for a university project.

I think what's happening is that the video is being piped directly onto the screen through the video card, bypassing Windows completely. So when you're taking a screencap, Windows only captures what it can see, not what's being played over it.

That make sense? I don't know if this is any better, but you could think in layers. Windows can only work and see its own layer, and the video card has a video playback layer that goes over it.

- NKF