XP Xcomutil Issues

VeryCoolCat

Ok... I've tried this multiple ways multiple times to no avail.

First I got XCOM:CE.

Now I want to use XCOMUTIL for the fun of trying the new bits. Ok... now I can't use either of the official patches with this util otherwise it won't use fodder's patch so thats out of the question.

I install xcomutil and run the setup with asks me all the questions. AFter that I can run runxcomw.bat and it'll run fine but once I get to the goescape the animations are choppy and go like :5 seconds per instead of being smooth like it used to (with the old loadfix from the xcom faq minus the occasional crash.)

Now I tried Mok__s_2xSaI_EXE___Split and the exes will copy over the orig but the game will no longer run via runxcomw otherwise it will immediately crash.

I've used d-fend with it before but the game was so horribly slow and choppy.

Any help?

Now I want to use XCOMUTIL for the fun of trying the new bits. Ok... now I can't use either of the official patches with this util otherwise it won't use fodder's patch so thats out of the question.

What official patches? The CE version has none. :D

Now I tried Mok__s_2xSaI_EXE___Split and the exes will copy over the orig but the game will no longer run via runxcomw otherwise it will immediately crash.

After installing Mok's version, did you delete or rename "patch.dll"?

I've used d-fend with it before but the game was so horribly slow and choppy.

D-fend?

What official patches? The CE version has none. :D

Ok well there are these 2 patches patch 1-2 and patch 2-4. I guess patch 2-4 is the 1.4 sound patch. 1-2 adds geoscape/tactical exes. I think these were old util patches but ignore that for now because i'm not using em.

After installing Mok's version, did you delete or rename "patch.dll"?

Yes, if I run Runxcomw.bat it just crashes to desktop saying the send info to microsoft error crap.

D-fend?

Oh its a dos emulation program to attempt to run the program but it didn't do anything.