Slow down shooting - win98 cd version

TerrorTown

I have installed enemy unknown via dos in win98. Sound setup with no problem. Walking also fine, but when shooting it is faster than lightning!! Is there any way to slow down the bullets?

Pc is 700 MHz with geforce2 mx 400 32 ram.

Hope someone can help me, thanks...

You've tried setting the animation speeds in the options screen I take it?

One suggestion would be to play the game in dosbox. Dosbox allows you to adjust the speeds down to a level that you are comfortable with.

- NKF

Hi

Yes I have set all setting to slow in the option screen, but still bullets are flying very very fast and the aliens reply bullets comes instantly.

The music also seems to be missing, under Interceptor attacks a. Perhaps I need to try some of those patches, which are made.

At least Apocalypse runs perfect :oh:

Y'know, that sounds very much like the problem I've had.

Everything else runs fine for me (I've used the assorted user-made fixes)....the geoscape runs at normal speed, the clock runs as it should, the cursor is fine....

Even on the tactical screen, everything else runs as it should. My troops walk normally.

Scroll speed is a little fast if memory serves (I haven't played recently, I've had the problem a while), but firing is near instantaneous.

Not only is it really annoying (and disorientating), but makes the game very hard to play.

It's worth noting I only got this problem when updating my gfx drivers to the latest Omega drivers. I've tried rolling back to the old drivers, and tried re-installing the game. No joy.