ARGH can't get Difficulty Grade Changes or NoPKs to work!

DoomMunky

Hey there, you all! Long time no see! I had to make a new account as DoomMunky2 b/c my old one was lost, apparently, but I'm back. Nice to see you're all still banging away!

Unfortunately I'm here b/c I'm trying to get S2 Gold working using some mods, but am having no luck. I want to use Difficulty Grade Changes, the Improved Grenade range, and hopefully the NoPKs Mod, but none of them work.

Difficulty Grade Changes works fine until I shoot an enemy or they shoot me: no damage is dealt! The other features work fine (save in real-time, etc), but this 'no damage' thing is sortof a deal breaker...

Every time I try to start a new game (or add it to a save) with the NoPKI get a crash to desktop, which is hard to play, too...

Any thoughts? I haven't tried patching yet, as I'm sure the Gold version is patched...I'm running XP w/SP2, an Nvidia 7800GT, 2gb of ram, and an AMD 4000+, all drivers updated. I should have no problems, and the game works fine without mods, but I can't stand the skill progressions and various weirdnesses of the original game.

Yay! Difficulty Grade Changes appears to work now! All I did was install the 1.2 version of the UK patch over my S2 Gold game and it works great! I can even save in real-time on Impossible difficulty, battle smarter enemies, and do all sorts of other cool stuff! More testing and tweaking, here I come!