Merry Christmas

Thorondor

I like my tea. Although I don't drink too much, since caffeine would reduce the efficacy of my antiseizure med. I can enjoy a cup though when I want without danger, just not overindulge as it would make me uncomfortable mostly.

White teas being my favourite. Best of all, though, is lady grey, brewed not with water but with hot infusion of freshly harvested flowering lemon balm from the garden, chopped and brewed as a tea of its own, then used to brew the tea-tea. Imparts a lovely, wonderful lemony citrus flavour and scent. Plus some constituents in there act as GABA-transaminase inhibitors, and there are nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ligands of some kind, that help support memory in the latter case, and act as a calmninative and anticonvulsant both, as well as gentle relaxant herb. Flowering is the best time, to pick tender young tops, when the flowers begin to open and are still full of sweet nectar. Sweetened also with a teaspoon of lime blossom or acacia honey, this modified lady grey is to die for (if someone were to get between me and my teacup that is). absolutely sublime. Nice too with a few curls of lime zest, pounded in a mortar to release the aromatic and flavourfull terpenes within, burst those oil glands and let the goodness, taste and scent out properly, and just a squeeze of fresh lime juice, or lemon if one prefers, perhaps with a slice of lemon and lime flloating within the tea mug.

Got a nice collection ofttimes ( I say often, because just as often, things start running out for being drunk) of different speciality teas. A very good black tea with rose petals and rose extract. A dash of rosewater thrown in as it brews, and has begun to cool to just above comfortable drinking temperature so as not to volatilize too much of the scent and flavour, as delicious as it is when the steam from a cup full reaches one's snout.

For now though, its three bottles of old speckled hen brown ale, and a bowl of salted roasted cashew nuts, as I return my squad once again into battle. This time, the gill men are back at it, bringing their deep one abominations with them to a ship hijacking, and as such they were responded to, diverting an assault team away from an alien base that was just about to be invaded and wiped out. Oh well. There were two bases right on top of each other, oddly, courtesy of xcomutil the first was a land-based one, in which the enemy, on an island were able to use DPLs, but X-com couldn't return fire back with their own sub-surface only weaponry.

Oh well. The first one would have caused free china to switch sides and stop funding, had a troop transport not landed, quickly scoured the island and thence wiped out the tasoth and aquatoid enemy. And yes, there were both hallucinoid and tentaculats on land in that case! But wiped out one of the two superimposed bases. Then had to refuel and return, but at the last minute, a terror site turned up on reports, so responding to a gill man invasion and ship hijacking. Cleansing the place deck by deck. Took a gill man squad leader alive with a tazer and quickly managed to capture a pair of thermal shock cannons plus a few rounds of ammunition and a shell in the breech per cannon each. The commander, wielding a gas cannon though is also packing one of the new close combat weapons, the vibroblade, which against deep ones especially are proving VERY effective, plenty tazers to go round, and a tank/cannon but only three or four vibroblades. Need all the loot that can be found, since X-com are rather down on funding.

The base crew are probably to blame, especially the R&D division and manufacture with the base xmas shore leave.

*commander Tsathoggua stuffs another handful of salted cashews into his mouth and takes another slug of his cold ale, chews a piece of liquorice thoughtfully and gets ready to go crack some skulls, or at least some alien bodily parts.

• 11 months later...

So, you've made it.

I'm not surprised - you're the best.

So, I'll make it short and sweet: permission to go smooch your loved ones, shoot the breeze, or whatever else you feel like doing when you're not saving the world and pulverising alien behind, which is, most naturally, what you were really born to do - grudgingly granted.

Alright, ladies. That's all.

Have fun you nutters!

Diiiissssmissed!! cool.png

::

Oh, and happy holidays! grin.gif

• 11 months later...

As I'm about to grant you starry-eyed rookies leave for the sake of peace-for-the-world partying, mind you this - if you spot a jolly big bastard in a flashy red attire, arriving in an Unidentified Flying Object, spouting gibberish, kindly remember your expert training and shoot it the hell down!!

The Muton Commander is very fricking real. And does not come bearing gifts by the way.

Alrighy, then, you merry bunch - permission to scoot! christmas.gif

• 11 months later...

Now, listen up!

Effective immediately, drop your sidearms, ordnance, ammo and all issued combat material at their designated spots.

Yes, that includes stun rods, you nitwit!

As I'm sure you've all realized by now, I'm about to grant you nincompoops temporary leave to go play with the elves, don mistletoe crowns, sing silly songs, or whatever it is you do when you're not being the instruments of alien damnation your were made to be.

Well, let the merriment begin I guess...

Diiisssmisssed! christmas.gif

• 11 months later...

Head count!!

Line up; on the double! Let's go, let's go let's go!

So... some of you actually managed to live up to your expert training and magnificent genetics. Maybe your pair of neurons is still playing ping-pong after all.

You fine specimens made it through without falling prey to the damned bugs. Good on you!

I could go on to tell you how much the Earth needs you all - Humanity's cradle thanks you and all of it?

But all you have on your minds right now is wetting your whistle and finding treats for your loved ones. So don't let me keep you from your eggnog, your reindeers and snowy vistas, sweethearts.

Just don't come crying to me for blaster bombs and like fireworks to go as I'm not allowing any off-premises.

Yes, you're that mentally challenged but you know I still love you, right my cherubs?

Now get off my sight. Faaaall the frack ouuut!! :cool:

Merry Christmas all! Just sitting here counting my stockpiles of Heavy Plasma clips, Blaster Bombs, Stun Bombs and Mind Probes. Not that I'll need any of it, but these rookie greenhorns are always cannon fodder meat shields. trooperfem.gif

Been busy at work which is good I guess, but I'm pretty wiped out so a little R&R is warranted. banana.gif

- Zombie

• 11 months later...

Well, well, look what the cat dragged in... and in time for daily inspection too, for once!

You babyfaces know what's coming. You can feel it in the air. You hear it whispered every corner.

Alien Santa is on the way and you all want to shoot that anti-grav sleigh and go rock a "partay". Gotta go, can't stay. Must prance out and play. And other such festive antics.

So what the hay - by HQ it's ok. As such, Super Troopers, abooooouuuut faaaace; now double time it outta here before I change my mind!!

Have a jolly good time you degenerates! ;)

• 11 months later...

[Core Alpha Team's quarters]

*solitary steps echo*

- What's going on here; where did everyone go, Private?

- Don't know, Sir. Something about a newborn's party, Sir.

- You tellin' me our finest just up and left HQ to the flies for some measly cherub?!

- They were carrying gifts too from what I could see, Sir.

- Where the heck did they get that stuff from?

- Sorry, Sir, couldn't tell. One of them said something about having help from some little green men?

- You yankin' my chain, Private? 'Cause you're this close to being assigned latrine duty. Do I make myself clear?!

- Loudly, Sir! I swear that was said as they were heading out, Sir!

- Directed where, exactly?

- Out the main gate and looked like they were following some star, according to the sentry.

- Now you're courting a corrective spanking!! Talk sense, and get it straight you dimwit!

- Honest to God, Sir; seeking for some err... virgin, Sir...

- That's more like it! Born again the lot of 'em. Hah. Party indeed. Gone to town for some frolic, eh? That's the spirit. At ease, Private, and happy holidays!

:biggrin:

• 11 months later...

What's that twinkling in your eye,
As you dare gaze up towards the sky;
Is it something strange that can fly,
And yet has no wings you can spy?

Do you wish now upon a star,
To bring what you hold dearest to where you are?
It all seems so peaceful from afar,
To the sound of chimes and a wistful guitar;

But if you really know what's best,
To measure up to the test,
As soon as on the horizon you see anything crest,
Be nice, let loose on those green gremlins and have a blast!

-- Officially sanctioned Festive Handbook, Section AA, SC HQ

:christmas: