S2 - Can't talk to characters

Crimsomnia

I'm playing the axis campaign and I got to the Old Manor mission where you're supposed to find few clues and locate the owner of the manor, this time some agent dude you have to talk to.

It just doesn't happen. I take my main hero, go next to him and click, but nothing happens. I don't get any new missions if I don't talk to him, so this is kinda urgent. In a previous mission I wasn't able to talk to a character either, but it wasn't so important then.

My PC:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+

Radeon 9600 Pro

Audigy 2

WinXP Pro SP2

512mb ddr memory

I had some weird issues before with the black mission zone borders turning blue and game hanging at the beginning of a mission, but reinstalling fixed them. I have applied the UK version 1.2 patch altough I'm not sure if my game is the UK version, but I don't get any errors whatsoever.

Also, how do I open the console window? I've changed the key bindings several times, but it still doesn't work.

1) cfg/autoexec.cfg

wirbelwind

Just there to the next line under the script babble? I though I'd have to write there something that requires some leet skillzor.

What about the SQL editor? I downloaded one, but it works with SQL or PRC files, which I can't find in the Silent Storm folders.

Just there to the next line under the script babble?

I wrote it almost at first line:

//==================================

// generated by S^2, do not modify

wirbelwind

gfx_autodetect

//

exec .\cfg\input.cfg

exec .\cfg\config.cfg

What about the SQL editor? I downloaded one, but it works with SQL or PRC files, which I can't find in the Silent Storm folders.

If you want to get the editor working, you should read the S2 Editor Manual's (.html) first and last page. Editor must be installed from the original CDs during the installation process. If the game has already been installed on your PC without the installing map editor, click on "Uninstall (repair) game" shortcut in the Silent Storm program group in your OS Start menu and choose "Add/Remove component" option in the installation wizard, then check "MapEditor" option in the next dialog box.

Then install MSDE (v 8.0) from the orginal CD. You may look for updates for it from microsoft.com.

When all necessary is installed, reboot PC and run the editor with "original database" profile. Then close and run the editor again. Create your own profile like "my_database" just not to mess with the original.

If you have something what you want to check out or edit, just ask or try to find out (editor manual).

Ok, this is getting tricky now.

1. "original database" wtf? I can't find such an option from any of the editor menus.

2. Can't find the editor manual. Not from the cd(or game directory) , neither from web.

If you really feel like helping and you use IRC, query a nick Norjen (IRCnet and Rizon) and this'll get a lot easier.

1. "original database" wtf? I can't find such an option from any of the editor menus.

To run or create a profile, use the initial dialog box that appears when you launch the editor.

2. Can't find the editor manual. Not from the cd(or game directory) , neither from web.

I think you must install the editor first to get the manual available (Start>All programs>JoWood>Silent Storm>Editor manual or YourGameDirectory/EditorManual). Almost everything what can be done with the editor are described quite good in the manual.

btw... if I don't remember wrong, there's a update for the editor as well. Install it if you want to make a mod. If you are just checking scripts or stuff, then the update ain't necessary for ya.

To run or create a profile, use the initial dialog box that appears when you launch the editor.

I think you must install the editor first to get the manual available (Start>All programs>JoWood>Silent Storm>Editor manual or YourGameDirectory/EditorManual). Almost everything what can be done with the editor are described quite good in the manual.

I did install it from the game disc, but the manual is missing nevertheless. Not found in the game directory, not in the start menu.