Corrupted ground textures

Elusive Pastry

Just downloaded this off Steam and I'm unable to play it thanks to missing/corrupted ground textures. I'm running WinXP on a Core 2 Duo and 8800 GTX with the latest 169.04 drivers. Someone else with the same system specs but running Vista posted the same problem with a screenshot. I've tried adjusting the video options from the lowest to highest settings without success. Has anyone else run into this?

https://www.geocities.com/galliard6/afterlight.jpg

Original post at: https://forum.altargames.com//index.php?showtopic=6209

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TO everyone having this problem - I fixed mine by rolling back my nVidia drivers to the last version from the current one. I think it's got something to do with the changes they made for the drivers to cope with Crysis properly.

There is a full description on what to do over in the official forums.

TO everyone having this problem - I fixed mine by rolling back my nVidia drivers to the last version from the current one. I think it's got something to do with the changes they made for the drivers to cope with Crysis properly.

There is a full description on what to do over in the official forums.

Meh, I'm not going to roll back my drivers just to play one game. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Fail.
you are wrong. it worked for me. I sold my GTX280 and bought 2 4870's and i love the game. with nvidia cards i couldn't play because the game looked like the picture in the first post.

So you tried what i suggested and it failed?

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the game finally after the first DVD did not start the game up. Finally found it in a store with a DVD that runs, finally (yes, I know about the on-line places but that is not the game in hand). Installed 1.6 version but using Windows XP SP2 with only a Geforce 7300 GT card and old drivers around 97.31 or so. Runs fine except it did hang up one time. I think defragging the drive helped out.

But really, capturing a Beasty Boy kind of did me in, as I waited and waited but did not know what to do. I expected to pick up the Beasty with the hands and cart it off to the UFO, well all of that did not work, so I had to come here and see what to do. I have started up a new game since then on Normal, but I guess I will have to fight everyone including the Reticulans to actually play this game and steal or get more weapons except I am now up to producing those ol' Earth Technology weapons.

The Beasty Boys have to be stopped instead of the robots more now, so on with the game.

It is a little bezerked with the messages but I am adjusting and it runs a little fast on a 3.0 gHz computer, but it is running and really no problems so far. The tactical game is slow enough though.

Running it full-tilt graphics.