Main Character

Skie

I recently finished S2. I got the point where there were PKs, and started getting a bit bored. When I finally came back to the game, I only had two missions (with the final mission being short and overly easy) left to get to the end. So, time to move on to S3...

I decided to do a custom difficulty. I set everything to 100% (I figured, 100% must be the way the game was meant ot be played) and toggled it to allow me to save anytime. For my character I decided to go with a Medic. I noticed in S2 the medic had a melee tree for their perks, and I thought it might be fun to make a hack 'em up medic (I wasn't sure if the hide skill was going to hurt me here).

So, I start the mission, pick up the gun, proceed upstairs, shoot a gun 7 times in the head (which doesn't kill him) and have to switch to fisticuffs. At this point my medic fails to hit anything, but the ally NPC manages to finish off the one baddy that took 7 shots and kill another. So, I now have a knife and we head outside to find a baddy with a gun. So, I start swinging the knife at him (missing more often than not), and after two enemy turns my medic has been killed.

So, I guess first what I'm wondering is how successful a butcher type medic would be. And, second if I should be ramping down the difficulty some and/or just taking a different class like soldier, scout, or grenadier.

Gang up on the gunner. A club to the back of his head can work wonders.

Or open the locked door downstairs and grab the weapon you can find there. It helps.

Any class should work just fine. Obviously, the first mission is a bit hard if you're not a frontline fighter.

Gang up on the gunner. A club to the back of his head can work wonders.

Or open the locked door downstairs and grab the weapon you can find there. It helps.

Any class should work just fine. Obviously, the first mission is a bit hard if you're not a frontline fighter.

I switched to a soldier and punched down the door before going into combat. Having the SMG helped, but I still had to reload a few times (saved it after beating down the door so I didn't have to re-do that each time). There were a couple times I bled to death after defeating all the enemies.

Is there a way to switch back on being able to view the random encounters? I figured I'd stumble onto them if they were hidden, but this has yet to happen and I wouldn't mind the loot and XP from them.

• 2 months later...
i don't think so. i did the same thing and soon after regreted it, it makes getting the rare encounter in switzerland almost impossible. as far as classes go you should probably stick with sniper or soldier, though a well built throw thief is crazy strong at higher levels. the build i usually use is a super light sniper who in practice is really just a scout with enhanced shooting ability. i start off with 3 str 10 dex and 5 or 6 int, that way i gain shooting, ap, and hide at a really fast pace. also the sniper has many of the same sense skils as the scout so i can sneak up and and take out a whole group of enemy soldiers with a silenced pistol or smg, though the combo of always inflict criticals, aim before shot, and a fast pistol works really well, just head shot and you have many instant kills. for the intro mission i usually run up the stairs and jump out the window. from there i wait crouched along the side of the house and wait for the guy to climb through the window the i cap him in the head a few times. while this is happening boris is drawing the others away so you can get the drop on them.