UFO: Extraterrestrials Patched Again

baby arm

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure, but I think so. You're probably not doing anything wrong that way at least. Did anyone test?

After some trial and error (as well as actually reading what they say on their webpage) I determined that you don't have (and even shouldn't) install the first patch, as the second one contains everything. That's true for the Paradox version anyway.

BTW, great game!

• 3 months later...

I'm saying that I have no idea what v7.05 would be. If you found something like this, please post a link to it and I'll take a look.

Otherwise there are only two official patches for UFO:ET. The rest are modifications made by players. Like Bman's mod, which is probably most used modification for UFO:ET because it makes it most X-COM like. He upgraded his modification through many versions untill he made the version v4.05. Versions 4.06 and 4.07 were added by Coasty and eliminated some remaining bugs that were either left after the official patch or added by the modification itself.

If you look at the file dates on the page you linked, it strongly suggests that patch 2 comes after 7.05.

I'm purely guessing here, but I'm thinking 7.05 and ties in with some internal game version numbering system and patch 2 is the second one hence it's called patch 2 :D

Like I say, it's a guess, but it makes sense from those upload dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Man, you come late to the party... No matter, as long as it is still going. ;)

https://ufo-scene.com/news.php - patch 2

https://ufo-scene.com/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1576 - bman's mod 4.04 DEMANDS patch 2, so that answers your question.

Coasty later picked up where bman left and developed the mod a bit further to the 4.07 (also requires patch 2); https://ufo-scene.com/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?8467

I'd recommend Coasty's mod since it includes some bug fixes.

Actually your post reminds me that I may need to play UFO:ET some more... If I find the time.

• 2 years later...
Guest falkor

my soldiers are now running around in fast forward

my aliens are now running around in fast forward

as it's the second patch it is SUPREMO, you can download to anywhere, run it from anywhere and 30 seconds it's done, I was getting fed up with the crashes TBH, it doesn't crash much but when you play it (with no patches) a lot these crashes happen enough to be pretty annoying, that's why I decided to get the patch, fonud patch#2 and it is obviously a lot easier to get going than patch#1 but it makes your soldiers run around like they are in FAST FORWARD, the aliens also go around in FAST FORWARD, tried to reverse this in SETTINGS but no, sheeeesh there is always something