Chuffing Base Defense Crashes!

Alpha_Monkey

Right, I've had about a half dozen base-defense missions, all floaters iirc, and they've all suffered crashouts within the first 3 or 4 turns.

Now, in the event of a crash, it just dumps me to desktop, initializes t5he seperate geoscape exe, and dumps me to the debriefing screen, where it usually declares it a success with all the aliens killed, and lots of gear. I don't get the gear, and worse, all of MY stuff from the equip screen that I didn't use (so was left on the ground in the storerooms) vanishes!

Worse still is the rare occasion it declares a mission loss, in which case I obviously lose the base.

The crashes always occur right after the aliens have taken their turn, so presumably it's something to do with them doing stuff they shouldn't.

This theory is supported by the fact that (if I'm lucky/quick) if I can storm them and grab a few kills (specifically the one individual alien that is crashing me), I can sometimes avert the crash all together.

However, this can be difficult to achieve.

Ideas?

edit:

right, I had noticed a couple of floaters were unarmed (due to the item/spawn point limitations), but I don't think that's related. I've tried hiding all my guys, hence giving the aliens nothing to shoot at, and I still crash. :D